Last Night's Show: What You Didn't See

angelgo03

Sep 29, 2006
On the way to the Staples Center, Grey's Anatomy's Katherine Heigl (with fiancé Josh Kelley) gets hungry and stops for a Big Mac.

• Female actor in a comedy series nominee Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine) says she arrived to the show too early, so she heads out to read the paper in her limo.

• Moms-to-be Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl) and Julie Bowen (Boston Legal) commiserate about being pregnant at an award show and finding a dress that works.

• Ryan Gosling, a best actor nominee for Half Nelson, pauses to kiss girlfriend Rachel McAdams's hand as they walk down the red carpet together.

• Even stars get starstruck: Desperate Housewives's Andrea Bowen, carrying a camera provided by PEOPLE, says she's going to try to get Leonardo DiCaprio to pose with her if she can work up the nerve.

• Weeds' Romany Malco says costar Mary-Louise Parker is throwing a toga party whether or not they win for best ensemble in a comedy series. (They lost to The Office.)

• As soon as best actor in a comedy series winner Alec Baldwin arrives in PEOPLE's photo booth, he asks for water. "My mouth is dry," he says. "Victory is dehydrating."

Rainn Wilson and John Krasinski Photo by: Chris Carlson / AP
rainn_wilson.jpg
• On his way out of the photo booth, The Office's Rainn Wilson (with costar John Krasinski, right), clutching his trophy, asks strangers, "Anyone want to touch my Actor?" Meanwhile, his female castmates exchange hugs and congrats with best actress in a comedy America Ferrera.

• Backstage in the press room, best supporting actor Eddie Murphy grabbed the mic and joked, "I feel like I'm doing standup." Asked why he thanked girlfriend Tracey Edmonds in his acceptance speech, he replied with a broad smile, "Tracey fixed everything that was broken."

• Double winner Helen Mirren, in a Morgane Le Fay gown and Chopard jewels, really gets into her PEOPLE photo booth shoot. "Oh, yes, bring it on! Bring it on!" she says, vamping for the camera.

• Backstage in the press room, best supporting actor Eddie Murphy grabbed the mic and joked, "I feel like I'm doing standup." Asked why he thanked girlfriend Tracey Edmonds in his acceptance speech, he replied with a broad smile, "Tracey fixed everything that was broken."

How touching. Thanks for posting - where did you find all this info? I didn't get to see the awards last night (Sunday is HBO night and I forgot to DVR the SAGs). I'm not a Grey's anatomy watcher but I have got to catch up on the controversy or whatever is going on over there.