Last minute panic re size in sellier Kelly, 28 or 32????

1. I thought I had this worked out! I always thought I needed a 28 to complete my day to night collection but I just started to have 2nd thoughts on size for this Kelly. Is 32 more versatile? But will it be too big for evenings? I don't plan to use it for formal dinning but only for certain less formal evening functions. I am 5'4 and U.S. size 2-4. Please help, my dear friends! TIA!

2. I think it depends on how much you need to carry. In my experience, a 32cm carries a good bit more than a 28cm. I do l like 28s for evening, but I tend to carry less in the evening. However, I think what you're saying is that you want a bag to carry during the day that can easily transition into evening. Right? For me, that would have to be a 32cm.

3. Yes, Cavalier Girl! Thank you for your thoughts! I need to make the choice in the next few days and I won't have chance to see the sample in store again. Maybe I should try to do that?

4. do you have a 32 sellier already? if you do i would pick 28. otherwise 32 does hold a bit more, if you have a few more items to carry..

5. chincac my dear, I don't have a Kelly and this will be my first and probably only Kelly for a long time. I am not too keen on the closure on a Kelly but I like the look of the bag. I think my H collection would not be complete without a K but I probably would not getting more after this.

6. Personally, I prefer 32cm. If you have an opportunity to compare side by side I would suggest doing so. I find once I put my wallet, phone, small hair brush, etc... inside, a 32cm is fairly full without being packed. It is a good size when you need to use only one purse from day to evening. Good luck with your decision!

7. i see..then i would suggest a 32 for you for day to night :smile: holds a bit more than the 28 if you need the space.

don't mean to confuse the issue even further but would you consider retourne rather than sellier? i find epsom in retourne is very similar to a sellier construction because of the rigidity of the leather, it doesn't slouch. the sellier corners do bump into things and the retourne gives a bit more if you need to fit something extra into the kelly.

but the sellier is the classic kelly look though i have to admit..it looks amazing but i find other H bags much more practical to use :smile: good luck with the decision..definitely a nice problem to have :biggrin::biggrin:

8. Thank you Luckydogmom for sharing your thoughts! I think I am going to go and try the 28 sample again in the next few days.

9. I've read the 28 sellier holds less than the retourne. Since mine is a 28 retourne, I can't confirm. For years I carried a Chanel m/l flap and the 28 retourne holds everything that the flap held with room left over because the kelly is taller. That said I can get a KL wallet in but if I don't get the angle of entry just so, it's a fiddle with kind of thing. In the future I'll switch to a shorter, smaller wallet.

Due to several spinal surgeries weight is a factor so I'm reluctant to go up to a 32 so my 28 serves me just fine as a day purse. That closure thing you speak of is the only minus to the kelly that I found. Once it is open during a day of shopping it doesn't get closed all the way again til I'm through shopping. The stiffer the leather the more difficult they are to close. (I have a togo 28 and a box 28 and I struggle more with the box due to the rigidity of the leather.)

10. You haven't confused me, dear! Don't worry. I specifically want a sellier because I like this particular look and construction of the bag. I know it limits how the bag opens and how much it holds but I have been made fully aware of those.

11. Thank you jmen! Yes I have also heard sellier holds less than retoure. I tried to buy a croc 28 sellier K earlier this year but for some reasons I didn't complete the purchase. But I took a good look of it and tried it many times. I think it will hold the stuff I carry if I switch to a compact wallet.

12. I love a sellier in a 28 and a retourner in a 32.
    To me a sellier in a 32 looks large...more for day..

iamvgv likes this.
  13. Totally agree with this.
    28 sellier or 32 retourne.
    I thought London shop only has 32 sellier as a sample?
    When I tried to order a Kelly I couldn't compare sellier and retourne side by side as they only had sellier 32 as a sample.
    I have 28 sellier croc and a few 32 box selliers and I much prefer size 28.
    I am 170cm but 32 sellier looks quite big on me. Also I don't carry much so 28 suits me perfectly.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you have decided.

Shan9jtsy likes this.
  14. For your need from day to evening, I would really recommend the 32 for Sellier Kelly.
    I'm of your height and slim built, 32 Sellier still works for my frame. And in time, I think you would appreciate that extra space during the day because of the bags rigidness.
    Personally, I have to really think which items I can leave out because they just won't fit in a 28. Size 32 gives you more freedom so to speak.
    Attaching comparison between my K 28 vs 32 in Sellier for you to see. The difference in terms of how they look is really not that significant.
    Good luck on your decision! :smile:

Kelly 28 vs 32.JPG
  15. How about a sellier in tosca 28 and retourne BE 32? :graucho::graucho::graucho: