Travel Last minute 6-7 day vacation for next week- Please help with ideas!!

Jun 24, 2008
Hi everyone! So my SO and I were suppose to be leaving for Maui this saturday for 7 days (returning the following Saturday) and long story, but our travel plans have fallen through. In any case, we both took the weeks off and have arranged for this, so now I am looking for sort of a "last minute deal" to travel somewhere. Do any of you know of any good deals somewhere that does not require a passport (my SO has not received his yet in the mail). I have found a cruise out of LA to mexico on Princess, but not sure that I am interested in that, as I've done it before and wasn't terribly impressed? I don't know...any help you can offer would be great! Any all inclusive ideas would be great! Thanks!! :smile:

It's a struggle without a passport...I think you can also do close-looped cruises to the Bahamas if you're willing to travel that far. Florida??

Is there no way to still find a deal to Hawaii?

It's a struggle without a passport...I think you can also do close-looped cruises to the Bahamas if you're willing to travel that far. Florida??

Is there no way to still find a deal to Hawaii?

Yes it is a challenge. I will look at some of the cruises to the Bahamas, that's a nice idea instead of Mexico.
Well, Hawaii is not looking good....we have everything all set, but unfortunately we travel standby on a commercial airline and I thought there would be some seats available, but I have been checking flights, and they look absolutely awful. So we then went to purchase, but it is too late....many flights are sold out, and the least expensive I can find is over $1200 per person. We just can't justify $2400 in airline tickets. It seems rediculous. We should have just bought tickets a long time ago and not gambled on the standby.... :sad: too late now though...

Are you south bay as in Bay area, south bay? If so, Alaska airlines just started flying out of Oakland and San Jose to Maui. You might be able to find something through them.

I'm actually Los Angeles area south bay. Thank you though, we did look at those! I just got an email from travelzoo about those flights, unfortunately they didn't have seats for the days we needed, and their prices were still very high for that particular week. Thank you though!

I'm actually Los Angeles area south bay. Thank you though, we did look at those! I just got an email from travelzoo about those flights, unfortunately they didn't have seats for the days we needed, and their prices were still very high for that particular week. Thank you though!

No worries! I hope you find something wonderful!

There are lots of nice beaches in FL. I personally think Destin has the nicest beaches in FL, but that area is rather boring, unless you really like the beach. Have you thought about the Keys? Lovely place...

Maybe a roadtrip to Northern CA to a vineyard and spa. Romantic rolling mountains, rent a cottage for the week and stroll the beaches during the day.

Just an idea if all else falls through.