Last bag for 2016, Speedy B25 vs Delightful PM.

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
Dear ladies, please let me have your opinions on which bag I should go for.
I'm deciding between a Speedy B25 in DE & a Delightful in PM.
Not sure if whether I should go for monogram or DE though. Will the Delightful in DE slouch as much? I would really love a slouchier hobo.

I'm planning to use the bag for work, weekends & travelling if possible. Will love to have the option of having space for a brolly & a light shawl, when days turn rainy or cold.

Please let me hear your thoughts, as I have a small credit note expiring in a week. Thank you! :flowers:

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
Like to add my current collection for better 'visibilty';
1. Classic Speedy 25 in monogram
pro: super classic
con: handcarry only
2. Speedy B30 in monogram
pro: spacious
con: a tad too big, may sag too much
3. Twice/Twinset in empriente noir
pro: durable & luxurious leather
con: small sections
4. Alma BB in DE
pro: weatherproof & perfect for work
con: looks abit too formal & (may be) abit small for travel

For reference, I'm 5feet (152cm).
Thank you!! :heart::heart:

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
Speedy B 25 in DE! Super practical and worry free. The Delightful is great, but not that good for travel and sometimes slips off my shoulder.
thanks dear... do you think Delightful may be similar to the H Evelyne? (I have the PM in bleu nuit).

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Brazil
I vote for the Speedy B 25. I have both bags, two Delightfuls and two Speedies in this size, and as much as I like my Delightfuls, nothing beats a Speedy B, in my opinion. And the 25 fits way more than you would think.
GLD!

Reactions: celialow

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
I vote for the Speedy B 25. I have both bags, two Delightfuls and two Speedies in this size, and as much as I like my Delightfuls, nothing beats a Speedy B, in my opinion. And the 25 fits way more than you would think.
GLD!
Thanks doll :smile:
Just wondering, do you use your Speedy B strap with your Delightful, for shoulder/crossbody option?
May I trouble you to please show me a pic of how the Delightful in DE will look with the vachetta strap?
Really appreciate if you could :hbeat:

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Brazil
Thanks doll :smile:
Just wondering, do you use your Speedy B strap with your Delightful, for shoulder/crossbody option?
May I trouble you to please show me a pic of how the Delightful in DE will look with the vachetta strap?
Really appreciate if you could :hbeat:
You're welcome! Well, my Delightfuls are in the MM size, so they are a bit big to wear crossbody... but I'll post a picture later, no problem :smile: I'm in my pajamas now lol

LuxMommy

Jan 26, 2013
thanks dear... do you think Delightful may be similar to the H Evelyne? (I have the PM in bleu nuit).
Hmm... I am not familiar with Hermes bags, but based on what I googled, it does not look too similar IMO. The Delightful is a great casual bag and it is, of course, possible to attach an extra strap, too.

MokeyLV

Mar 6, 2013
I have both bags and love them both. Since you already have 2 Speedies and no hobos, I recommend the Delightful to add some variety to your collection.

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
I have both bags and love them both. Since you already have 2 Speedies and no hobos, I recommend the Delightful to add some variety to your collection.
Thank you for the suggestion :smile:
Could you please advice me if you are able to use your Speedy b's strap on the Delightful?
I read somwehere that the strap hooks don't fit the thicker hoops of the Delightful?
It is a consideration for me to get the Delightful in mono vs DE, as my B30 is in mono.

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
Not where I'd like to be
The Delightful is not similar to the Evelyn. It has a much wider base. If you want a similar profile as the Evelyn you may want to look at the discontinued Odeon. I would also suggest using a luggage strap for the Delightful as its much more comfortable to carry, especially when full.

AwkwardNerd

Sep 24, 2015
Thank you for the suggestion :smile:
Could you please advice me if you are able to use your Speedy b's strap on the Delightful?
I read somwehere that the strap hooks don't fit the thicker hoops of the Delightful?
It is a consideration for me to get the Delightful in mono vs DE, as my B30 is in mono.
No, the Speedy B straps do not fit on the Delightful rings. I think the Keepall does. I've heard of Etsy and EBay shops that sell comparable straps.