last activity of seller was in 2007! was i too quick to purchase?

foxymom

uh-oh....
O.G.
Dec 4, 2006
hi ladies... i need sound advice...

i've always wanted a certain fendi spy bag. now, late last week the spy bag i've always wanted suddenly pop up on the *bay with an amazing low price and brand new! seller posted only 1 pic of the front, so i excitedly message her and requested more pics for authentication.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280525467640&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

she added more pics immediately and i got it authenticated here (authentic). i asked if she had a BIN price and she said $750! wow, was i sooo happy! i asked if she could add the BIN so that i could purchase it. she did the very next day and i bought it.

now what worries me is that her last activity was in 2007 as a buyer. her last selling activity was in 2003 from a repeat buyer for $0.00. and im also surprised why the bin price was so low! now im so worried i'd get scammed! should i push thru with the transaction? i've tried searching for feedback but i've found none in toolhaus & goofbay... i've also tried searching in google with her paypal name and no bad feedbacks.

i purchased via ebay and will pay via paypal with my cc. in case i do get scammed i'm protected right? i really like the bag though...

i need some sanity!

TIA!

I've bought from sellers who haven't been selling for several months, so this is probably not comparable, but look at it from this side - maybe she didn't feel the need to sell anything for a long time?
Then again, with the value of the bag and the amount you'll have to pay, I'd be worried too :wondering !

I don't trade on ebay much either. My last purchase was last month and before that it was about 4 years ago. Granted I don't sell, but not everyone on ebay is a professional seller or has things to get rid of regularly.

What's more important is their feedback. I can't load that listing right now, but if she has good feedback, I say go for it.

now what worries me is that her last activity was in 2007 as a buyer. her last selling activity was in 2003 from a repeat buyer for $0.00. and im also surprised why the bin price was so low! now im so worried i'd get scammed! should i push thru with the transaction? i've tried searching for feedback but i've found none in toolhaus & goofbay... i've also tried searching in google with her paypal name and no bad feedbacks.

I would not worry. As to the $0.00, eBay regularly clears their old records and the price is one portion that they delete as well, so after a few years, all is left on the feedback sheet is comment and author, the price is overwritten as $0.00.

Maybe she's been in jail..... JUST KIDDING! :biggrin:

This might be a secondary account she has, and she is no longer selling whatever she did formerly, e.g., maybe she used to sell CDs as "iselluCDs", so the ID is no longer pertinent. Or maybe she's been living out of the country. Or maybe it is her sister's bag and she volunteered to sell it on ebay because she had an account that had f/b.

For me personally, I moved to "the sticks" and had LOUSY internet service so didn't buy or sell for 4 years or so.

The seller joined Ebay in 11/00 and their first fb isn't until 10/02 and with only 21 total fb they appear to be a very casual Ebay user. So the pattern is consistent.
However, you can't be too careful, esp with that amount of $$$$, so if you are worried about a hijacked account I would consider pulling their contact info.

I think it will be fine. She did all that you asked, and very quickly. Quite frankly you couldn't ask for a much better seller!

Maybe she's been in jail..... JUST KIDDING! :biggrin:

This might be a secondary account she has, and she is no longer selling whatever she did formerly, e.g., maybe she used to sell CDs as "iselluCDs", so the ID is no longer pertinent. Or maybe she's been living out of the country. Or maybe it is her sister's bag and she volunteered to sell it on ebay because she had an account that had f/b.

For me personally, I moved to "the sticks" and had LOUSY internet service so didn't buy or sell for 4 years or so.

:lolots: Loved that!

But on a more serious note...I wouldn't worry too much yet. It seems like you are going about everything the right way. You had it authenticated first (finally someone doing that!). You are paying by cc too! Ultimately you are protected. It would be a hassle and disappointment if it turned out to be a fake, but you still would be protected. But I think you're ok in this situation.

On the auction ebay states that there is buyer protection for this item/seller. Just pay through paypal with a credit card...not a paypal balance. This way you have protection through ebay/paypal AND your CC.

I wouldn't be turned off by a seller who only sells from time to time. One time I didn't sell anything for almost a year.

Why don't you ask the seller?
Once I won something from Korean, I asked the seller why she had no ebay activity over 2years, she gave me the answer which I could understand.

On the auction ebay states that there is buyer protection for this item/seller. Just pay through paypal with a credit card...not a paypal balance. This way you have protection through ebay/paypal AND your CC.

I wouldn't be turned off by a seller who only sells from time to time. One time I didn't sell anything for almost a year.

agree here.. would not be terribly concerned.. some sellers just

sell when they feel like it.. it may not be consistent but everyone

does business differently...

Her lack of activity would not be a huge concern to me but a NWT $2410 bag going for $750 would be a bit of a worry. I am not familiar with that style and maybe you got the deal of the century but, usually, if it is too good to be true, it is.

I'm not sure what more you can do other than having it authenticated (which you did). And it is covered by buyer protection. Just make sure you pay with Paypal and a credit card. I hope it is all good.

Why don't you ask the seller?
Once I won something from Korean, I asked the seller why she had no ebay activity over 2years, she gave me the answer which I could understand.

Exactly. There are more good sellers than bad sellers on eBay. Stay protected, but give her the benefit of the doubt at least.

She might be like me- I only sell something once in a while and might go years between selling things on ebay. As long as you pay through PayPal you should be fine. Paypal holds the funds for 21 days or until you leave positive feedback so if you send her they money and you don't receive the item within 20 days of payment you can file with Paypal to get a refund.