*** LASH CURLER RECOMMENDATIONS? ALSO VALENTINES DAY GIFT ADVICE LOL ***

Deltasig1218

Sep 30, 2016
Once again seeking the expertise of the ladies of this forum...

My girlfriend wants a lash curler, she tells me there's not a lot of difference between ones you get at Sephora (designer branded) or ones you can find at Target, is this true? Lol and if not, can any of you ladies recommend a good lash curler?

Also, Im planning on getting a jump start on Valentine's day this year so I'm not caught off guard gift wise. Im planning on doing a lot of little things for her as well as some big things. I wanted to get her some make up for her to experiment with as that's what she's really into. I managed to take some reconnaissance pictures while I sat in the bathroom with her for over an hour while she did her make up 0_0.

Here's what I found lol I was hoping these pics will give you ladies some idea of what her tastes are... I hope these help lol

IMG_20161231_185305.jpg
IMG_20161231_180632.jpg
IMG_20161231_180623.jpg

Your girlfriend is right about eye lash curlers..Many are all the same
but here are some that many use
Shiseido, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Tarte ( easy to find as well)
She looks in pretty good shape with makeup etc
Does she wear fragrance? If so, body cream, lotions that work with her
fragrance of choice are also nice to give as a gift

Last edited:
Your girlfriend is right about eye lash curlers..Many are all the same
but here are some that many use
Shiseido, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Tarte ( easy to find as well)
She looks in pretty good shape with makeup etc
Does she wear fragrance? If so, body cream, lotions that work with her
fragrance of choice are also nice to give as a gift
Good to know, I'll shop around.

Fragrance wise she loves givenchy dhalia divin, that's actually a great idea for a gift, thank you! And as far as body creams go she has 26 tubes of body cream from when bath and body works had their sale thing 0_0 not kidding, 26

I had a Shu previously but the Kevyn Aucoin seems to fit my eye shape better, gets all the lashes and gives a nice curl.
That's what I read too, also that the shu makes lashes curl up more at a steeper angle, and a lot of girls felt it looked more "forced"? And that the KA curler was actually a better fit and did a better job at curling.

I just wanted to say your girlfriend is very lucky. You're very thoughtful! [emoji173]
Thank you :biggrin:

But this gift benefits me too, as the saying goes, you can either have a girlfriend that's in a good mood because she's happy with the way she looks, or you can be on time for your reservations [emoji14] I'm hoping this curler will help speed the process so I can have both lol

Reactions: Luccibag
That's what I read too, also that the shu makes lashes curl up more at a steeper angle, and a lot of girls felt it looked more "forced"? And that the KA curler was actually a better fit and did a better job at curling.

I have both curlers and I only reach for the Kevin Aucoin. It opens up wider than most eyelash curlers so you can catch all of your eyelashes before crimping them. It's the best! I bought one for DD and I have an extra one in my travel makeup bag. Your girlfriend will love it!

So far I have a Kevyn Aucoin lash curler, givenchy perfume, beauty blenders both large and small (aka $40 tiny sponges), and a fair trade eco friendly leather purse that she likes, and before that a coach purse and a purse from Kate Spade that's shaped like a triceratops -_-

... You girls like the oddest things