laser virtual keyboard

jc2239

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
i remember hearing about this years aog and i still think it's incredibly cool (although i'm not sure how useful it is for me since my laptop goes everywhere with me)

virtual_keyboard.jpg

apparently it's only a little bigger than a matchbook and the device laser-projects a full-sized keyboard on any flat surface... i guess it's main purpose is for composing e-mails on your PDA or Cell Phone (bluetooth enabled of course)

now if only it's tiny size came with an equally tiny price (its $180.....not too bad but not really a bargain either :sad2:.....and of course it's sold out....the story of my life)

The concept is interesting, but I'm wondering how it would actually feel in terms of long term usage. I'd imagine your fingers would get pretty tired from typing down on a flat, non responsive surface (e.g. table).

Very neat! I think I saw something similar on one of those CSI-type shows (did anyone else see it too? they were able to find that a certain letter had a lot of fingerprints and found out the girl was giving away company secrets, I can't recall the show though) and thought it was so awesome! I still think it's pretty cool.