Laser on the nethers?

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
I always laugh when people post their embarrassing questions. The topics are always so funny like: "Can I use this business card to disguise my camel toe?" and "Help, my nips are busting through my 18 hour bra."

But now I have my own embarrassing question and it is really a serious question. OK it is not all that serious but I'm really curious.

Has anyone ever done a completely bare "down there" using laser hair removal? I'm just wondering how they get the laser in all the nooks and crannies. And does it hurt? How long does it take.

Seriously, don't laugh.

This is a Thread to Watch. Sorry la miss, but I totally LOL'd on the 'nooks and crannies.' Bwahahaha.

I wish I had an actual answer but alas I do not.

I'm reallllllllly considering it, so maybe I can let you know in a few months? The spa I talked to said it takes 6-7 treatments to get everything permanently, and that the most advanced machines don't hurt at all. But I think I've heard from people in the past that it hurt some.

I lasered it all! It doesn't hurt (at least it didn't for me) and my spa had one of those "really advanced machines" . The price was something like $700 for a package of so many treatments...and then you get so many more free... I had it done 2 years ago.

Since hair removal REALLY is not "permanent" they only slightly guarantee it for 2 years. My hair "down there" is really, really, really thin..... but it's NOT gone anymore. TMI alert -- if I were to not shave or anything for two months it wouldn't even bother me though... it's thin, but in the "nooks and crannies" it's back.

My opinion - I'd do it again for less than $1000 .... but other than that, bikini wax. It's not worth the money, and the spa's just tell you it's permanent because the machines cost so much and they have to recoup the money somehow (trust me, I worked at one). Good luck.

lol too funny i was wondering about that during the weekend. i don't wanna imagine the pain. i would just get the bikini area lasered everything else i would just continue waxing

the only permanent form of hair removal is electrolysis spas are suppose to advertise that its temporary. the whiter you are and the darker your hair the better it works good luck let us know how it goes!

I'm reallllllllly considering it, so maybe I can let you know in a few months? The spa I talked to said it takes 6-7 treatments to get everything permanently, and that the most advanced machines don't hurt at all. But I think I've heard from people in the past that it hurt some.

Definitely come back and give us a full report if/when you get it done. 6 or 7 treatments sounds like a lot. Yikes.

I lasered it all! It doesn't hurt (at least it didn't for me) and my spa had one of those "really advanced machines" . The price was something like $700 for a package of so many treatments...and then you get so many more free... I had it done 2 years ago.

Since hair removal REALLY is not "permanent" they only slightly guarantee it for 2 years. My hair "down there" is really, really, really thin..... but it's NOT gone anymore. TMI alert -- if I were to not shave or anything for two months it wouldn't even bother me though... it's thin, but in the "nooks and crannies" it's back.

My opinion - I'd do it again for less than $1000 .... but other than that, bikini wax. It's not worth the money, and the spa's just tell you it's permanent because the machines cost so much and they have to recoup the money somehow (trust me, I worked at one). Good luck.

Wow thanks for sharing that. So much good information. :yes:

Do you know what type of laser they used?

I also had it done. It HURTS! I dunno if my laser woman just wasn't competent or half assed the job, but even with the numbing and cooling gel, it hurts quite a bit most of the time (there were times where it was much more bearable, that's why I think maybe she half assed it sometimes). I was bleeding after the first round.

Anyway, the result sucked for me. It was $900 for 9 treatments, which was half the cost of anywhere else around me. She used the Epilight and later on the Aurora (which is not a true laser so don't let anyone try to con you into believing that) on me.

I'd say 60% of the hair in the front is gone, the nooks and crannies... I can't even say 5% is gone. It was really bad. I don't think it's worth it unless you can be sure the technician knows what they're doing down there. As a reference, the woman also did my underarm which got significantly better results.

I've had it done as well. I was not impressed.

I do have a high pain tolerance, so pain wasn't a factor for me. I paid $800 for 8 treatments, but knew the tech so I ended up getting 2 more for free. I still have hair--and I still had hair the entire time she was doing the treatments. She kept on telling me it was b/c of the new cycle of hair follicles that were growing, and for me not to worry.

However, this December it will have been 3 years since I've had it done and I still shave just like I always did before I paid the $800 :shrugs: