Las Vegas Wedding/Eloping?!?!

LOL Here is my update:

We have a smallish (apx 100) person wedding planned for November 16, 2008. I LOVED the whole romantic Vegas thing of just being whisked away alone together, but my grandparents (and parents) would be soooo devastated if I did that.

But I would LOVE to renew our vows in an intimate Vegas ceremony down the road! It is such a great city!!

OMG we got married at Caesar's Palace in their outdoor gazebo and it WAS GORGEOUS. We had beautiful flowers, a great photographers/videographer and musicians. I think they were a harpist and something else!? We played renaissance type music. We even got a few pictures taken with the Julius Caesar, guards and cleopatra at the pool (which is FAB). Our wedding photos are sweet! LOL

We even had them webcast it for those would couldn't be there! It was cheap too (I think like 4k!?!).
Congrats on your upcoming wedding Couturegrl! Glad to hear you figured it out. A party for 100 people shouldn't be too bad :flowers: A Vegas getaway sounded great though. I especially liked how Syntagma had her wedding...so romantically perfect!:heart:

^^Q I will be in Vegas next weekend,any suggestions on getting into the clubs?:smile:

Im not really a clubber. Whenever friends can talk me into going, I always make sure they have some sort of hook up so I (atLEAST)don't have to wait in line lmao!

The only advice I can really give is to hook the bouncer up with $1-200.00 at the door, that will atleast get you past the line! The lines out here suck, I dont understand why people would want to wait in line for 2 hours just to dance. JMHO!

Have fun!!!:flowers:

Didn't Leah Remini get married at the Ritz Carleton? I think its a nice hotel. Just don't get married in a drive thru chapel.

I looked at the info for getting married at the Ritz in Vegas at the lagoon and manmade beach they have on site near a waterfall and overlooking lake Las Vegas...it was beautiful!

I highly recommend eloping. I've always felt that too many people spend more time planning their wedding when it only lasts a day, and not enough time planning their marriage which should last a lot longer.

While my DH and I didn't really elope, we did get married in front of a judge with just our Moms there plus my Sister and one of DH's Brothers. I'm glad that we didn't spend a lot of money getting married. Instead we bought a house and moved in within 2 weeks of getting married.

OK ladies I have posted tons of other wedding related threads...SO and I are trying to figure out what the heck we want as far as our wedding is concerned.

My newest idea is to get married at the Ritz Carlton at Las Vegas Lake with about 6-12 people in attendance. That hotel has fabulous packages and it looks so pretty.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel before? What were your impressions?

Also, for those of you who eloped, any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:yes:

If you got married in Vegas, which hotel did you have your ceremony/reception in? Thanks soooo much!

congrats on your upcoming nuptials! i got married at the ritz carlton lake las vegas in october of 2006. we picked the beach/waterfall location on the hotel grounds and it was lovely. the suite we stayed in was beautiful and we got some pretty nice pics. i'd highly recommend the florist, she did a beautiful job with everything.

let me know if you need more info!