Large Veneta, Campana or Garda?

minimom

May 5, 2015
Trying to decide between the three styles and seeing all the pictures is not helping since I want them all.
Really just want something for my non working casual lifestyle and one that will hold up with daily use.

I have a few small leather accessories and a Cervo Hobo and had a Sloane at one time, but sold it.
And while I love my Cervo, I’m really wanting a different style.

I’m a big fan of the Large Campana because of the shape but it has been discontinued, so if you’re looking for a current colour, you’re out of luck. I’m not sure what the fate will be for the medium and/or what colours have been available recently.
The Garda is a great bag (regular sized one), but like the Campana, it has an open top, sort of. Both bags have a magnet to close the top but have the option to leave them open for a more tote-like silhouette.
Then the Veneta, well it has the zipper to keep all your goodies secure so... it’s a classic so there’s that too.
Are you able to try all three bags on and get a feel for which style might suit your lifestyle? Are you looking for a shoulder/Hobo kind of bag?
The nice thing about the Garda is the flat bottom so it stands up on its own if you like that kind of thing, and can be worn on the shoulder. I think of the three, it’s the most versatile style is the Garda, but I’m personally biased towards the Campana.
Good luck :smile:

Reactions: minimom
I’m leaning more towards the Garda or a new to me Campana. The Garda seems more easily dressed up and I like the shape since it’s similar to my loved Bal Velo.

I just wrote to catsinthebag about the Garda. I’m a huge fan.

I’ve had both, but the larger Cesta. I used the Cesta extensively for work travel because it could carry so much. With the sides tucked in, it became a manageable bag to take out for dinner while working. I sold them because I don’t travel as much.

The Garda, or Bella, as it was called by many, I have. It’s probably my favorite BV style. Because it has a feminine proproation, is dressy enough to use for work, is casual enough that it works with shorts, and functions well in both situations.

I find the smaller Cesta too small. It’s a bit shallow and therefore it flops and feels open.

I suggest a search on Bella (old name for Garda) to learn more and a search on Rete (the old name for the Cesta) to learn more.

Re the Campana: the larger size is quite large. It’ll have a similar proportion to your Cervo hobo. It’s as a big as a medium Cabat. I wish the smaller size was a hair bigger. But I’m tall with swimmer shoulders so I can easily overwhelm a bag. The Campana, while technically a hobo, dresses up nicely - perhaps because of the two straps.

Re the Veneta hobo: it’s a classic, but it is another hobo, albeit with a slightly dressier vibe.

Finally, take a look at the chain tote. It’s another style, definitely dressier but one to consider.

Last edited:
Love the chain tote and I did see one at NM, but it’s a bit dressy for my lifestyle. I’ve now gone and thrown a Sloane into the mix since coming across one in the resell market.
I just wrote to catsinthebag about the Garda. I’m a huge fan.

Re the Campana: the larger size is quite large. It’ll have a similar proportion to your Cervo hobo. It’s as a big as a medium Cabat. I wish the smaller size was a hair bigger. But I’m tall with swimmer shoulders so I can easily overwhelm a bag. The Campana, while technically a hobo, dresses up nicely - perhaps because of the two straps.

Re the Veneta hobo: it’s a classic, but it is another hobo, albeit with a slightly dressier vibe.

Finally, take a look at the chain tote. It’s another style, definitely dressier but one to consider.

Last edited:
I really enjoy using the Veneta. The single handle that molds to the shoulder, the light weight, and the top zipper are features that I used to take for granted but now fully appreciate. I just don’t need to think about the bag while I’m using it. The slim profile means that it’s never in my way or banging into anything. It’s effortless and dresses up or down.

I used to have a Sloane, and it’s a pretty bag. It’s comfortable with the single, wide handle. The boxy shape and zipperless closure are something to consider.

Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: minimom