Large selma. Is it heavy?

summer 71

O.G.
Aug 9, 2007
Do u find large selma heavy. I am thinking of getting it for everyday use. Also can someone tell me how many interior pockets it has other than the interior zipper pocket. I saw some pics and it showed that it has 6 pockets but pretty small ones but some large selmas have different size pockets. Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't, but some people do. I'm very used to carrying a lot every day and carry my large Selma's (I own 6) all the time. I, personally, don't find them any heavier than my other large bags.

Reactions: cdtracing
I don't find them any heavier than any of my other bags. I only have the large (7 in fact) & I carry one almost ever day. I'm use to carrying a weighty bag because of what I carry in it & I have found the Large Selma fits my needs. As for the interior pockets, there are 2 pockets about 4 inches in width on one side & the other side has 1 pocket that's about 6 inches in width & a smaller pouch style pocket for a small cell phone just beneith the zippered pocket. The exta Large size Selma that is discontinued has additional exterior pockets on the sides/wings of the bag.

I don't find them any heavier than any of my other bags. I only have the large (7 in fact) & I carry one almost ever day. I'm use to carrying a weighty bag because of what I carry in it & I have found the Large Selma fits my needs. As for the interior pockets, there are 2 pockets about 4 inches in width on one side & the other side has 1 pocket that's about 6 inches in width & a smaller pouch style pocket for a small cell phone just beneith the zippered pocket. The exta Large size Selma that is discontinued has additional exterior pockets on the sides/wings of the bag.

Thank you so much girls for your feed back. The format of the interior pockets has been changed for the newer selmas and there is only one pocket big enough that can be used for cell phone and the rest are pretty much useless as they are too small. I am still debating if i should go for it and sacrifice the interior organization that is important too. What would u do? I love the look of the bag.

Thank you so much girls for your feed back. The format of the interior pockets has been changed for the newer selmas and there is only one pocket big enough that can be used for cell phone and the rest are pretty much useless as they are too small. I am still debating if i should go for it and sacrifice the interior organization that is important too. What would u do? I love the look of the bag.

After viewing the video of the newest large Selma, it does look like the interior pockets have changed. I will have to go to the boutique & check it out IRL to see how this new configuration works. Thanks for sending me the link.

Last edited:

I have a new one. I hate the interior. The pockets are so tall that they go up to zipper and you can't access them due to stiffness of saffiano leather covering them (zipper track). I will say it's lighter in weight based on whatever modifications were made.

New pockets in Selma. So you can see what they hold. In order to access the leather trimmed pockets, I have to hold the leather up. Hot mess. IMG_1506817159.761570.jpgIMG_1506817171.577530.jpgIMG_1506817196.947893.jpg

Reactions: Glttglam
Thanks a lot for the pics. There is no way u can fit anything in the upper pockets. I wonder whose idea was it to change the pockets. I don't think i can fit my phone in any one of them.

My iPhone 7 fits in bigger pocket. It's not the plus. It's extremely difficult to get the phone in and out so I just toss it in main space