Large Satchel? Lindsey vs Large Sophia

nanogirl21

Jul 8, 2014
Hi guys! I am in the market for a new bag. I am having a really hard decision trying to find a bag that is large enough for my daily needs. Right now I have the small/regular Sophia, and I just can’t do the “stuffing of the bag” thing anymore. Sometimes I don’t want to open the bag because of the challenge of trying to close it. I have been on “aunt duty” more often so my bag is filled with more snacks than usual plus a few toys for the 3 kids. Add in my tablet, phone, charger, wallet, keys, make up, medicine, a piece of fruit/snack (diabetic here), a bottle of water, a pad of paper and a pen things become overwhelming. I have narrowed my choices down to the large Sophia and the Lindsey. However, I am not sure these would be the best options for me. Do anyone have any compression photos of these two bags? I would love to see the size difference, how much you can fit in each, and what it looks like when carrying/wearing the bag. I did look in the Sophia and Lindsey clubhouse thread, but did not see any comparison photos of the two. Do you guys have any recommendations of other “large” satchel style bags that may work for me? It’s important that things are easily accessible, and there is a wide ZIP opening. I listed below the size of my current bag, the large Sophia, and the Lindsey.

Small Sophia (Current)
9.5 Height
14.25 Length
2.25 Depth
5 Handle Drop
14 Shoulder Drop

Large Sophia
12 Height
17 Length
3.25 Depth
6 Handle Drop
15 Shoulder Drop

Lindsey
14.25 Height
15.75 Length
4 Depth
6 Handle Drop
15 Shoulder Drop

PS. I have looked at Aubrey, Sabrina, and Ashley. I think those are too small for my needs.

Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations!

I like the Lindsey. I have the large Sophia, Lindsey and Isabelle. Out of the 3, I use Isabelle the most for mommy stuff. But, since Isabelle isn't on your list, I'd say Lindsey is a close 2nd. In my Lindsey I stuff a large appointment book, a snack, a cosmetic case full of my things (meds, tampons, etc) an outfit for dd, a bottle or 2 and some diapers and wipes. I fit my keys in the front pocket with my phone. I think the shape of Lindsey/Isabelle makes it easier to stuff. Plus, the long strap is awesome!

I like the Lindsey. I have the large Sophia, Lindsey and Isabelle. Out of the 3, I use Isabelle the most for mommy stuff. But, since Isabelle isn't on your list, I'd say Lindsey is a close 2nd. In my Lindsey I stuff a large appointment book, a snack, a cosmetic case full of my things (meds, tampons, etc) an outfit for dd, a bottle or 2 and some diapers and wipes. I fit my keys in the front pocket with my phone. I think the shape of Lindsey/Isabelle makes it easier to stuff. Plus, the long strap is awesome!

Thanks. I will have to look at the Isabelle. I have never heard of that style. Is it possible for you to take some comparison photos of the Isabelle and Lindsey?

PS. I have looked at Aubrey, Sabrina, and Ashley. I think those are too small for my needs.

Did you look at the LARGE Sabrina, definitely not a small or medium sized bag. It's good leather that makes a good 'workhorse' of a bag.

The only problem you might have is the shape, it's kind of like a gym duffle bag. You might do better with a tote style bag. Maybe even a diaper bag style that you can use for all the kids stuff and your food and water. Then put your wallet, phone, keys, etc in a clutch and throw the clutch in there. I think maybe one of the large saffiano totes would work too....I think there's one that's like 17 inches long?

I'd say Lindsey for "stuffability" but Sophia for access. However - my bag of choice in these situations is my Pebbled Graphite Rory. Holds as much if not more than Lindsey but has outside slip and zipper pockets as well.

Sorry no pics yet. I don't know when I'll be able to get them up. Dealing with some stuff with my dd. In the meantime, you can search eBay for Coach Isabelle and see individual shots of it. There's plenty on there (I've been looking for a 2nd one.)

Hi guys! I am in the market for a new bag. I am having a really hard decision trying to find a bag that is large enough for my daily needs. Right now I have the small/regular Sophia, and I just can’t do the “stuffing of the bag” thing anymore. Sometimes I don’t want to open the bag because of the challenge of trying to close it. I have been on “aunt duty” more often so my bag is filled with more snacks than usual plus a few toys for the 3 kids. Add in my tablet, phone, charger, wallet, keys, make up, medicine, a piece of fruit/snack (diabetic here), a bottle of water, a pad of paper and a pen things become overwhelming. I have narrowed my choices down to the large Sophia and the Lindsey. However, I am not sure these would be the best options for me. Do anyone have any compression photos of these two bags? I would love to see the size difference, how much you can fit in each, and what it looks like when carrying/wearing the bag. I did look in the Sophia and Lindsey clubhouse thread, but did not see any comparison photos of the two. Do you guys have any recommendations of other “large” satchel style bags that may work for me? It’s important that things are easily accessible, and there is a wide ZIP opening. I listed below the size of my current bag, the large Sophia, and the Lindsey.

Small Sophia (Current)
9.5 Height
14.25 Length
2.25 Depth
5 Handle Drop
14 Shoulder Drop

Large Sophia
12 Height
17 Length
3.25 Depth
6 Handle Drop
15 Shoulder Drop

Lindsey
14.25 Height
15.75 Length
4 Depth
6 Handle Drop
15 Shoulder Drop

FYI: This may be off topic and not on your radar screen, but I would recommend the Large Phoebe. Big bag, light to carry for its size, and holds a ton. Also, beautiful to look at. IMO
Good luck with your decision. :smile:

Lindsey can definitely full fill your needs but for a petite girl like me, I've always found the bag awkward for my frame. I returned mine coz it was just too big and so awkward to hold. I personally prefer the large Sophia.

Personally, I find large Sophia to be as close to perfect in size and shape as possible. Plus, the shorter handles are long enough to fit comfortably on the shoulder.

^yeah i agree with u that large sophia short handle can fit yur shoulder n more practical for active mom guess ... i hve 5 lindsey n a large gathred leather sophia... luv them all n its my everyday working bag... not into tote bag so these 2 bags r better option :smile: idk about the weight tho but my chevron lindsey can fit a ton n still feel light :smile: