Large or Oversize Muse??

bowlica

O.G.
Sep 14, 2008
so I was looking on NM.com and there is an oversize muse in black for $805. I had originally planned to get the large next month with a bonus which is $1690. I know that the oversize is a deal but wondered if you have experience with both, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

large is most popular size for muse. medium is discontinued almost everywhere. and o.l size is too big. i saw in person and i found why large is popular.

depending on your height and what you intend to use it for...I am 5 feet 6 and use oversized as a sleek and elegant work tote. I carry all my personal stuff + books/papers for work, if I have larger load to carry, I use smaller bag for my personal stuff. Muse in OS is i my opinion the best looking in terms of design, ratios height/width/strapdrop. I do not like Muse as a shoulder bag (just like chyc cabas, in my opinion, this is a classy hand held bag, in any size looks quite awkward on a shoulder). | love my silhouette when I see myself in a window of a shop with oversize muse in hand....and love all those photos of Jessica Alba, Kate Moss etc etc who are carrying that size

If you plan to get a large size, but get a great deal OS Muse, you will want to get a large size a couple monthes later...(−_−;)
I wanted a medium Cabas Chyc, but I grabbed a great deal large Cabas Chyc. After I used large CC, I think medium size is better, even though I love large CC. So you might want to stick with what you plan to get. Otherwise you will spend $805 + $1690 (^_^)

About the size of OS Muse, I think it's too big for me. (I'm 5'5 and 103 lb) OS is great for traveling. Large size is great for working. I have a large Muse in dark chocolate & a medium Muse in black. I personally think medium Muse is more elegant and matches a little black dress situation or night out. Large is more casual look, so I use it for working and daytime shopping. Plus OS is heavier than large size...

If you don't want to spend $1690, you can find better price from some European stores which ship to the USA. Only one thing I will let you know is that YSL doesn't guarantee authenticity of their products unless you are purchased through a YSL boutique, YSL.COM, or through an authorized retail partner, which includes Saks and Saks.com. Neiman Marcus and NM.com. Bergdorf Goodman and BG.com. I forget Barney's is also included or not.

So I usually buy YSL.com, Saks.com, or NM.com. But maybe I will buy a large Muse from a store in Italy, because the above stores don't carry the color which I want.

Last edited:
Hi - I have an oversize muse in black and absolutely love it. Now I want one in large. Just struggling with the color, cognac or chocolate brown. I think either size looks good. It depends how you use it. Oversize is great for business travel.

I would be curious to hear anyone's thoughts on large vs. medium cabas chyc. I am drawn to big bags, but is large too large? Would appreciate any opinions...
Hi, I think you might want to open another thread, because here is talking about OS or Large Muse bag, not Cabas Chyc Large or Medium. Many ppl at Purse Forum have both sizes CC bags, and I believe they are glad to answer for your question. And me too! I have both large and medium CC bags, and mini is on the way to my home. If you open a thread, many answers you can get ;)

depending on your height and what you intend to use it for...I am 5 feet 6 and use oversized as a sleek and elegant work tote. I carry all my personal stuff + books/papers for work, if I have larger load to carry, I use smaller bag for my personal stuff. Muse in OS is i my opinion the best looking in terms of design, ratios height/width/strapdrop. I do not like Muse as a shoulder bag (just like chyc cabas, in my opinion, this is a classy hand held bag, in any size looks quite awkward on a shoulder). | love my silhouette when I see myself in a window of a shop with oversize muse in hand....and love all those photos of Jessica Alba, Kate Moss etc etc who are carrying that size

HI Vesna,
I would like to ask about the leather of the oversized muse bags as I am thinking of buying a grey colors on sale. Is it calf skin? Thanks:smile::smile::smile:

I would be curious to hear anyone's thoughts on large vs. medium cabas chyc. I am drawn to big bags, but is large too large? Would appreciate any opinions...

I have both sizes (Large and medium).
I love big bags BUT IMO Cabas large is too large and medium is too small.:P
And i think small would be too tiny for me

depends, I think all Muse today is calf...I have old one which is also calf but prepared as "buffalo"

Vesna,
I heard this going to be discontinued. Is it true? i think I have to grab one now, because last time I returned a green colored os muse ( it should have been my first YSL bag) because it has cracks on the leather. Now I saw a grey colored one and I love it! Where can we find Muse bags now in the OS ? Thanks:smile::smile::smile:

Vesna,
I heard this going to be discontinued. Is it true? i think I have to grab one now, because last time I returned a green colored os muse ( it should have been my first YSL bag) because it has cracks on the leather. Now I saw a grey colored one and I love it! Where can we find Muse bags now in the OS ? Thanks:smile::smile::smile:
Newman Marcus.com have OS and large Muse bag, and Saks.com has black large Muse.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/categor...35cat44690739cat43330811&parentId=cat43330811

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...+Laurent&N=4294912443+306418049&bmUID=jO8H9P2

Hi there,
I had this OS Muse in grey color last week from alducadaosta.com, a gift from my DH but unfortunately I had to return because of some ink marks and scratches on the leather . I'm so sad that I really want to have it but then the cost of the bag with the damages isn't enough to keep it. So here it is

Attachments

• DSC00598.JPG
    DSC00598.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC00601.JPG
    DSC00601.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC00611.JPG
    DSC00611.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC00607.JPG
    DSC00607.JPG