Large Marcie Satchel verses Medium Marcie

Hey there,

I am new to the chloe forum and I would really like a Chloe Marcie bag. I think I like the larger one, but I am not sure. Can anyone who owns one tell me which you like better? Has anyone also saw the color dark purple in the marcie and what do you think?:yahoo:

I have the large and while I like the small/medium in pictures, when I try them on I think the large looks better. I'm a size 6-8 though so if you're smaller the large might be too big. The large hobo looks really cute on but I don't know how it looks when you take out the stuffing and put wallet keys and phones in instead. A lot of the cuteness of the hobo depends on it hanging right on your shoulder. If it looks the same as with stuffing I might have chosen the hobo over the satchel.

For the dark purple color are you talking about cocoa? I love love the cocoa color, it's like a dark purple-burgundy-brown and very rich looking.

I am probably 5'4 and a size 6, I think I would like the larger one better. Do you know if the color Moka at saks is similar. The color I have seen looks like burgandy, but they call it deep purple! Not sure which to get.

I have the moka and there is no purple or redness in it; it is a very chocolate brown. You can see pictures of it in the "Paraty and Marcie colors" post below. I was confused too so I totally understand! I wasn't sure about the moka at first but I love it now. I didn't have a coupon or discount for the cocoa, I would have been really tempted to get cocoa if I had!

I just ordered the Cocoa hobo and the color looks burgandy. I think the Moka is more of a deep brown. I ordered the Cocoa unseen from Bloomingdales and the SA first descriped it as a purplish-red or burgandy, but the actual color is Cocoa. I like the color, just not sure about the hobo. Nordstrom also has the hobo and smaller satchel in the same color.
The hobo does hang weird at times, I think maybe it needs to be broken in, I'm still deciding if I should keep it or return it and get the satchel. A pic is attached below.

Attachments

• jackets 009.JPG
    jackets 009.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,906
Also mjaddiction the moka I have is also from saks. If you sign up for emails they will send you a ten percent coupon a day or two later. Plus I don't have a saks in my state so no tax either. I hope saks keeps doing that because that's why I bought from them. It may only be the first time you sign up but it's still a discount on Chloe.

llson - wow your cocoa is luscious! I love that color, great depth. Even though I love my satchel, there's something about the slouch of the hobo that's really attractive. I'm sure it'll only get better with wear. How do you find the opening -- easy access? Congrats! Love to see some shoe pairings! :graucho:

I just ordered the Cocoa hobo and the color looks burgandy. I think the Moka is more of a deep brown. I ordered the Cocoa unseen from Bloomingdales and the SA first descriped it as a purplish-red or burgandy, but the actual color is Cocoa. I like the color, just not sure about the hobo. Nordstrom also has the hobo and smaller satchel in the same color.
The hobo does hang weird at times, I think maybe it needs to be broken in, I'm still deciding if I should keep it or return it and get the satchel. A pic is attached below.

I have a large Marcie satchel in Cocoa. I tried both large and medium and I think the large looks better on me. I am 157cm and a UK12. I thought compared to large, the medium is a bit more defined in its shape.

llson - wow your cocoa is luscious! I love that colorN, great depth. Even though I love my satchel, there's something about the slouch of the hobo that's really attractive. I'm sure it'll only get better with wear. How do you find the opening -- easy access? Congrats! Love to see some shoe pairings! :graucho:

It's really easy to get into, I just leave it unzipped, the more I play around with it and carry it, the better it gets, guess it's a keeper.:smile:
Now thats she's a keeper, guess I will have to do a post in "don't they make a lovely pair'........coming soon.;)

Is there a difference in the handle drop between the medium and large satchels?? I'd like to wear it on my shoulder and the medium seems a bit of a tight squeeze. Does the shape soften and have more give later on?

Thanks!