Large Marcie & big bag trends?

MmeM124

Jun 4, 2019
I’ve been looking for a summery poolside bag that doesn’t scream designer. I want it to be larger and I also don’t want to have to worry about it too much. I found a large Marcie on fashionphile. I love the Marcie design aesthetic. I tried the straw Marcie but it was awkward on the shoulder. This one is better in the shoulder but I also feel like it is ENORMOUS. Big bags are coming back tho, right? It was a really good deal, I just can’t decide if it looks decent on me. I’m borderline petit height. Should I look for a different large bag? BFE87651-542A-4CCD-94C8-D7B1FDDC54A0.jpegE44C46E3-5020-4E13-A6B0-3C1EBB01017D.jpeg06F01A08-CFE7-4056-BBAA-9FE6B9B39BDC.jpeg

Reactions: Sunfall77
If you love it, it doesn’t matter what other people think. I personally love the Marcie style (I personally own 3) but I wouldn’t consider it to be a poolside bag just because it’s leather.
I mostly mean it's a large cute bag that can be considered stylish that won't grab too much attention and since it is 2nd hand I won't be as stressed if it does get dripped on/I feel ok tossing it around

IMHO I feel that the large size Marcie bag is too big for your frame. It looks like it’s wearing you rather than you wearing it!

That said, I have an old style Marcie from 5 years ago in the medium and feel that it’s just the perfect size for me (and for you). For reference I’m 5’4” tall.

I think that the medium will best suit you and your needs. The large Marcie doesn’t have the crossbody strap option and it’s interior is just a huge big black hole which makes finding your necessities rather difficult. Also, the medium has a detachable strap for crossbody wear!;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sferics and MmeM124
IMHO I feel that the large size Marcie bag is too big for your frame. It looks like it’s wearing you rather than you wearing it!

That said, I have an old style Marcie from 5 years ago in the medium and feel that it’s just the perfect size for me (and for you). For reference I’m 5’4” tall.

I think that the medium will best suit you and your needs. The large Marcie doesn’t have the crossbody strap option and it’s interior is just a huge big black hole which makes finding your necessities rather difficult. Also, the medium has a detachable strap for crossbody wear!;)
I am leaning that way too. Thank you for your insight!!

Reactions: HermesBVgal
I mostly mean it's a large cute bag that can be considered stylish that won't grab too much attention and since it is 2nd hand I won't be as stressed if it does get dripped on/I feel ok tossing it around
I guess this is a language barrier thing ;)

I own a medium with strap and I think it’s quite heavy when filled with a few basic things in it like wallet, tissues, make up bag, keys and phone.

That’s maybe a thing you would consider.

Reactions: MmeM124
Merci pour une autre perspective ! Je change d'avis chaque jour depuis l'achat. C'est vrai que Chloé ne produit plus ce style...c'est une autre raison pour que je change d'avis!!! Je crois que je le garderai et si après des mois je n'utilise trop je peux toujours le vendre. Mon mari n'aime pas trop le style c'est probablement pourquoi je ne peux pas décider.

Screenshot_20220609-124024_Vinted.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MmeM124