Large Gucci Soho or Maxi Bottega Veneta

zeronohiya

O.G.
Mar 20, 2012
HELP! I need help deciding between the large Gucci Soho in cream or the maxi Bottega Veneta in Ebano. Unfortunately, I can only get one. I currently do not have either house in my collection.

I love the soho because of the gorgeous leather. But the leather on the Bottega is legendary as well. I am a big bag girl so the size is not a problem. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380683138.557252.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1380683151.484804.jpg

Nov 14, 2012
I'd go for the BV. I don't care for the big logo either on the Gucci. Also I think BV is better quality than Gucci, but these are just my personal opinions. Also it looks like the BV would fit easily over your shoulder, the straps on the Gucci look small - so if having a bag you can carry on your shoulder is important you might want to make sure you can do that.

uadjit

D.Va
Jul 21, 2011
Veneta. And I'm not even really into intreciatto (only because reminds me of my Mom's bags from the '70s) but the color is easier to maintain and it doesn't have a giant logo on the front. It's also probably a lot lighter than the Gucci.

Unless you need the functionality of a tote or will be carrying heavy things in it. Then get the Gucci.

zeronohiya

O.G.
Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for all your comments! One of the things that turns me off from the Gucci is the large logo. However when I tried it on in the store I loved it, especially the color.

One thing that concerns me about the Bottega is the styling of the bag. It does remind me of the 70's look. But some of the looks of the 70's are timeless. I love how the bag will eventually drape around my body ( based on the photos on the forum).

Which one do you think would be more timeless?

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for all your comments! One of the things that turns me off from the Gucci is the large logo. However when I tried it on in the store I loved it, especially the color.

One thing that concerns me about the Bottega is the styling of the bag. It does remind me of the 70's look. But some of the looks of the 70's are timeless. I love how the bag will eventually drape around my body ( based on the photos on the forum).

BV - I think this Gucci will look dated in a few years and the light leather will be more at risk for stains etc - but if you reallly love the Gucci buy it - ultimately you have decide what you will be most happiest with

theopenroad

Sep 20, 2013

I agree with the ladies on here that say the large logo on the Gucci is a turnoff. I think the BV will be more timeless because it has sort of a universal style and color that is very wearable.