large day clutches

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have been loving on the day clutch since I first saw them in InStyle Mag. I bought one at Barneys New York on Wednesday and I love the thing. Here is my question. It looks chic when Gwen or Cameron is carrying it in the daytime but can I get away with carrying one to the office?

What kind of office do you work in? The oversized day clutch in a dramatic and trendy look. If you work in a conservative environment, I wouldn't do it because you don't wanna be known as the girl with the giant bag with no handles. Your coworkers and bosses will neither understand or appreciate the look. If you work in a progressive environment, then go for it!

Thanks for the advice forever21. I do work ina conservative office in the financial services industry. The nice thing about this bag is that it comes with a gold chain strap that you can attach for a dress nighttime chanel look. Maybe I will limit the bag to night time looks or lunch with friends on the weekends.

I think it totally depends on the color. If it was black, you could easily incorporate it into a conservative work wardrobe. If it was bright blue or yellow it wouldn't necessarily be inappropriate for work, but it might look a little silly IMO...

I think it depends on the style of clutch you purchased. I love some of the LAMB large clutches, but they may not work in most conservative offices. I think that some of the larger Marc Jacobs clutch type bags would work in any office environment. If you can, post pics of the clutch you purchased. I am obsessed with the large day clutch as well. Picked up this Tracy Reese clutch ( with hidden strap ) from Off Saks.

Attachments

• trclutch.jpg
    trclutch.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 50
I would definitely say yes. I think day clutches look fierce with the le smoking look. Like, if you wear a suit and carry a fierce clutch, the look's very strong and i think it'll work well.