Large Carly vs large Zoe

lucegoose

Jun 6, 2009
Which should I get? Both? I hear the Zoes are better just bc they have the leather on top but I LOVE the Carly... HELPPPPP and which is better for my money, haha. Which one lasts longer?

this is tough. but the carly has had many issues with fraying on the top and corners. so with that being said i would suggest getting a zoe. i think it will hold up better.

Yeah I know the fraying is bad for the Carly but it's one of those bags that if I see it for a good price, I will wear it until it like, dies, lol and then I can just get the Zoe to replace it? LOL
I tried on the Zoe today at the Outlet... I liked it, but for some reason, the Carly attracts me more... idk why though. I guess it's bc it's been one of the very first Coach bags that I've always just WANTED but never really owned.
As for size, which one's bigger, or are they about the same? Largest Zoe is 17? or 16? inches in length, vs the largest Carly, which is about the same, but I've been seeing more SLIM larges rather than the regular larges... anyone w/ experience care to explain/help me out w this dilemma? Thanks again, lol.

I don't have a Carly but I just cut the tags today on my black-on-black siggy large Zoe, loaded her up, and carried her around town. Even though she's brand new and her leather handle isn't fully broken in, her strap is so comfortable and my bag's loaded with some heavy stuff (journal, cosmetics, Costanza wallet, cell phones, etc).

I must add that my Zoe is a FP delete, not one of the new convertible Zoes at the outlet. I think the convertibles are slimmer than the old Zoes. I haven't had mine long enough to comment about durability, sorry. I do think that the Zoe is very well-made and should hold up to my punishing bag-carrying habits. Sorry I can't be more helpful with a comparison to Carly. Hopefully other tPF'ers can fill in this information.

Ultimately you should go with the bag that you love the most, and if Carly is that bag, then go with Carly. OTOH, you might want to give a Zoe a chance!

Yeah I know the fraying is bad for the Carly but it's one of those bags that if I see it for a good price, I will wear it until it like, dies, lol and then I can just get the Zoe to replace it? LOL
I tried on the Zoe today at the Outlet... I liked it, but for some reason, the Carly attracts me more... idk why though. I guess it's bc it's been one of the very first Coach bags that I've always just WANTED but never really owned.
As for size, which one's bigger, or are they about the same? Largest Zoe is 17? or 16? inches in length, vs the largest Carly, which is about the same, but I've been seeing more SLIM larges rather than the regular larges... anyone w/ experience care to explain/help me out w this dilemma? Thanks again, lol.

Personally I love the slim Carly more than any Zoe...just slouches nicely and stays on the shoulder quite well...not sure on dimensions btw slim & reg large other than the slim being more narrow...I found that it still has plenty of room though. I have a metallic leather slim Carly and wish that I would have snagged the light blue one when it was available! Also have a med brown siggy one that never had any fraying problems...though I don't use her much anymore as I have graduated to bigger bags lol...

Not sure if that helped lol, but good luck with your decision! Let us know what you pick out!

Personally I love the style of the Carly more than the Zoes, to me Zoe looks a bit "top-heavy" if you know what I mean. And Carly was my very first Coach and probably my all-time favorite. I have leather Carlys, so no fraying concerns, and they've held up great so far. Definitely give Carly a try if you see one you like at a good price.

Leather Carlys on ebay at least are pretty expensive... I am only a student so I can't spend too much on anything, really. I will just sit and think about what I want and thanks for the advice everyone (:

What does anyone think about the Coach Hampton Carryall? I sorta am liking the satchel look too (I LOVE totes and that is my kind of bag, but I'm beginning to like satchels and hobos too)

Which should I get? Both? I hear the Zoes are better just bc they have the leather on top but I LOVE the Carly... HELPPPPP and which is better for my money, haha. Which one lasts longer?

I think you've said it all right there. You obviously love the Carly, so you should get what you love.

I may be a little biased though, with my name being Carley and my first Coach bag being a large Carly.

Coming from someone that has owned them both I would go with the Zoe. I ended up selling my Large Carly because it would not stay on my shoulder but I have never had that problem with either one of my large Zoes.

I'm not going to be much help in deciding because I've got multiples of each and LOVE them both! The Zoe does have more of a slim width so it doesn't stick out as far when carrying, but do I seem to be able to find my stuff on the bottom easier in the Carlys since it's wider, if that makes a dif. Also, a Zoe is probably going to be much easier to find right now.

Leather Carlys on ebay at least are pretty expensive... I am only a student so I can't spend too much on anything, really. I will just sit and think about what I want and thanks for the advice everyone (:

What does anyone think about the Coach Hampton Carryall? I sorta am liking the satchel look too (I LOVE totes and that is my kind of bag, but I'm beginning to like satchels and hobos too)

I have a Hampton's Medium Carryall and a Zoe. The carryall is nice, but between the two of those I prefer the Zoe. She's easier to carry on the shoulder, and much roomier. Plus I like the slouch of the Zoe.