Large by the way bag & Fendi boutique issues

Redoneone

Nov 13, 2019
I thought I would post this for input to see if I'm the unreasonable one in this situation regarding a Large black By The Way bag that was ordered from a boutique.

Time line:
- Phone order placed with a boutique SA end of Sept. The bag was shipped to a different province. I was told that there are only 2 in Canada.
- The bag was received about 1 week later where I noticed issues with the quality. There was a red stain on the inner pocket below the zipper it was slightly dirty (glitter and small hairs), the buttons on the inside (internal hardware) had lots of tarnishing, the i.d on the back of the Fendi tag was double stamped and very crooked towards the second half and the yellow Fendi box that it came in also was very torn with distinct black markings.
- Contacted SA to ask if it was a floor model which would explain the issue of what looked like a perhaps used bag. SA told me that it was not a display and to ship the bag back and it would be swapped.
- Mailed it back at the beginning of Oct and was told that once it was received a new one would be sent and a tracking number provided.
- 2 weeks pass no update so I reach out and was told that due to a new launch everything was put on the back burner. No problem I'm still understanding at this point.
- I was then told multiple dates as to when I can expect the bag to be shipped, all stated dates pass without action from the SA so I reach out each time after waiting a few days.
- Finally sent the replacement which I received in the beginning of Nov.
-The bag has the exact same issues. It seems at this point that I have waited a month for the exact same bag. (Stain still present, internal hardware still tarnished, i.d code is the exact same number as the original with the same double stamping and crooked second half), same yellow torn Fendi box.
- After reaching out to the SA who does not contact me back, and being told I would be called back on multiple occasions from him and the store manager I am finally able to get a hold of him by calling from a different number.
- He tells me to send it back and there is another one in store. The bag was sent back the same day and a week later I received the "new" one.
- The bag that I was sent the third time has the exact same issue with the exact same stain, tarnished hardware, exact same double stamped i.d, and in the exact same torn box as I had previously received.

At this point I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with their all black large by the way bag and boutique SA. I'm also wondering if all bags have a unique i.d stamp, as in, if I purchased 2 exact same models of the by the way bag in large should they have the exact same i.d number or should they be completely unique although similar?

Mainly I'm wondering if there is some type of integrity issue going on (are they really just sending me back the exact same bag, this whole experience even has me questioning the authenticity) or if I can just expect this "brand new luxury brand" bag to come with a stain.

Thank you for any help or advice!