large black Hamilton arrived today!!!

mandyfin

O.G.
Mar 24, 2006
I will be sure to post photos soon! My question is this: I received it as a gift from the US and I noticed that the key has a scratch down the length of it. Would you bother to exhange it or is that something that just happens with time?

Last edited:
When I bought my Hamilton, there was a scratch on the back of the lock, but I just left it since it was a brand new bag from the storage and the SA was nice, I didn't want to give her a hard time, and I know that overtime I'll probably do even more damage to it... lol! I'd say leave it, esp when you got it from the States, the cost of shipping it back & forth isn't worth it, plus people won't notice a scratch on the key...

My bag was less than perfect, so they sold it to me for a discount. If I were you, I would exchange because its an expensive bag and it should be flawless.

I happen to agree with above post. If you paid 298.00 plus tax then I would exchange it for a new one. This is an expensive bag and it should arrive in Excellent New Condition. I got mine on line at Macys and it was packaged very well and bag arrived flawless. Lock and Key were wrapped in soft felt wrap and tissue paper.

Good luck and please post pictures when you use her. I would love to see it.