large acorn alexandra worth it?

jayohwhy

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
At the end of last summer, i fell in love with the acorn alexandra, but I decided against it and instead got a large black maggie mia since i thought i saw myself being able to use it all the time.

I returned it, and got my two speedy's, which i love, but now that i realized that other than studded, alexandra is off to the outlets, that i think i might regret not having purchased this bag, since it seems light and versatile-- like my madison hippie in walnut, which i also LOVE-- right now i rotate between these three bags-- speedy damier azur, speedy mono, and madison hippie.

My local outlet-- "local" being 40 miles away, has a large acorn alexandra on hold for me--- coming out to roughly 250 after the discounts and taxes..

for all you alexandra owners, do you think that they are worth it? i realize that i'm apt to sell bags that i dont see myself using for the long haul, but maybe alexandra will be something that i treasure for awhile.

What do you guys think?

I didn't get large, but have the regular size (smaller) and I love it. Mine was $200 after discounts plus tax. I love this leather. I am glad I got it.

It's a gorgeous bag that's also very classic and versatile and will always be in style. And like Paula said, the leather is wonderful! I'd go for it, you could carry Alexandra for a long time to come.

Like many who posted in the Berry Alexandra thread, I wasn't gaga for this bag when it first came out. But when I tried all of my stuff in it at the outlet, I really liked it, but they didn't have acorn so I took it home in blue first.

Actually, I had an unused black Leah for almost a year, exchanged it for a small Cinnamon Maggie that I was unsure about (but loved the color), and tried the Alexandra in blue, debated that color for a few days, called around, found the acorn, swapped again...and snipped the tags off right away. Love it for work and it's sized just right so that I don't have to switch it out for weekend if I don't feel like it.

So long story short, YES! Worth it!

You will love it. Just like morejunkny, I did not like the Alexandra when it first came out. Now, I have 5, all small... acorn, apple, berry, black and opt art in black. I am using the op art black right now and love it, so versatile. I am debating on returning the solid black, only because I don't think I need 5. Actually, I thought I only had 4, until I just listed them. I think you will love it. Go for it. It's a good price.

Like many who posted in the Berry Alexandra thread, I wasn't gaga for this bag when it first came out. But when I tried all of my stuff in it at the outlet, I really liked it, but they didn't have acorn so I took it home in blue first.

Actually, I had an unused black Leah for almost a year, exchanged it for a small Cinnamon Maggie that I was unsure about (but loved the color), and tried the Alexandra in blue, debated that color for a few days, called around, found the acorn, swapped again...and snipped the tags off right away. Love it for work and it's sized just right so that I don't have to switch it out for weekend if I don't feel like it.

So long story short, YES! Worth it!

OMG! I did the samething! Got the blue patent at the outlet, took it home to realize half of the bags I own are blue, called around and found an acorn and a black at the outlet. Once there I could not decide which of the two, I finally decided to get the acorn because I believe a black Alexandra is too plain and also the purple interior in the acorn is TDF.
I hope I made the right choice, I have not snipped the tag off yet!

Wow! Thanks for all the input! I went and it turns out that it was the small acorn or a large black. I got the large black because I liked the size more. :smile:

Great buy!! So they are all at the outlet now? Including the black?

I had a gunmetal and it peeled, so I exchanged for a Madison shoulder.. but i really love the Alexandra...

I was bored to tears with the Alex when she came out.

Then I got the lilac embossed at the outlet for $200. Three weeks later, I have the lilac, champagne, petrol suede studded (GORGEOUS) and, as of today, the acorn and the black embossed.

Once you put your things in it, it's just love. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I'd say the Alexandra is the updated, reincarnated, new and improved Zoe. Once you get one, you see the appeal. This bag transcends the notion of casual versus dressy, large versus small. It just plain ROCKS.

I am still debating whether to keep the large Black or the small Acorn. I love the large size but I like the Acorn color. :sos: which one to stay?

For me, I already have a brown leather coach bag that I love, so the black appealed to me for the size and because it looks a little more formal for me since I usually wear black when I dress up for work. Thus I'm biased but I say black