Tech Laptop turn off Messages

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Wasn't sure how else to title this. I have a MAcbook Pro. I don't use it as my main computer (have a mini MAc), and when I do pull it out there are 10,000 (exaggeration) emails on it to be deleted. My ipad doesn't do that it is so nice that way.

Is there any way to prevent emails from going to my Pro when it is not in use. I am tired of having to delete hundreds of messages when I do pull it out. My apologies if I am an idiot and there is a way to do it. I have all these gadgets and barely know how to use them! TIA!

Is your mail POP or IMAP? It sounds like POP.
With IMAP if you delete a message, it's deleted. Same thing if you read a message or file it. With POP if you do something it only impacts the copy on the device you make the action on.
You might need to log into the web version of the account to really delete things.

Is your mail POP or IMAP? It sounds like POP.
With IMAP if you delete a message, it's deleted. Same thing if you read a message or file it. With POP if you do something it only impacts the copy on the device you make the action on.
You might need to log into the web version of the account to really delete things.

yes, it is POP.

I can delete, but I'd rather have them 'turned off' on that device oh well. Thx for the info

I think I know what you mean by the web version, I'll try and figure it out and see if it works.