Tech Laptop Batteries

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
    Do you remove your laptop batteries or keep them on?
    I keep my batt on for my macbook.. how about you?

some nice things to know about the topic:

xxxxxx stop linking to your blog.

2. The newer laptop batteries like to have a discharge cycle once in a while. Under perfect conditions, a battery should last about 1000 discharge/charge cycles, so even if you run it completely down daily, you'll still be good for about 3 years. So don't worry that discharging it once a month will shorten its life. In fact, the opposite will happen. So basically, keep it in the laptop and plugged in/charged up most of the time. Once a month, unplug it and let it die. Then hook it back up to charge.

3. i always keep mine in. i also always carry my laptop around the house with me, so i let the battery charge down pretty often, and it gets to the point of being out of battery completely about once a week.

i'd rather use the computer unplugged than have to think about scheduling battery removal time.

4. me too.. i use my macbook with wifi, so what i do, i use it while on power. then when i see the power/batt on 100%, i remove the adapter and im free to go to the bed, couch, etc.. when i see its abt 20%, i go back and charge it.. u think this is fine? i even charge my iphone on it.. hehe

5. hey i checked your blog, nice pics :smile::biggrin:

6. i never remove mine even though i know i should. i'm even surprised my battery hasn't died since i've had my mac for almost 3 years and it's on basically 24/7.

7. wow, stephc005! on almost 24/7, hmm i am betting your using a cooling fan?

8. ^actually no lol. i'm glad it has lasted this long though!

9. i bought my mac a belkin fan with the fear it might overheat..

10. I take my battery out if I know I won't be bringing it around for a few days.

11. hmm. i think i should try that.. but i use my macbook everyday tho..