Lanvin Flats!

Yes but do bear in mind that the cost of having a retail store is pretty hefty, this is why online stores do so well with profit because their overheads are significantly lower

Thanks much, justwatchin! I had to buy my flats from Gregory's this morning, though. They said the promo's technically over, so it was now or never.

I wanted to get 38.0 for my size 8 feet, but both Amanda and another SA told me very, very, very confidently to size 1/2 up. I hope they'll turn out fine. I dislike selling on eBay.

I think you would be fine. I always go half size up in leather, and a full size up in satin because satin doesn't stretch. Going half size up is only 1/8" more.

I used to work for a VERY well known designer and I know that the mark up on most clothing and shoes is between 250% and 300% depending on the brand and store....

I concur..
I too used to work for local Dept Store that stocks well know brands..An example, saw once, Choo was bought for AUD$300 and sold at RRP $1250..:Push:

Look what came today from the Gregory's Shoes sale. Love them!

lanvin.jpg

And Justwatchin, your Lanvins are :drool::drool:
Congrat for scoring them!!!

To those of you who have the satin ones - how do you keep them in good condition? I have some but am afraid to wear them; they seem almost like slippers! :smile: Is there some way to treat a satin shoe?

Hi Hitchcock Blonde,

I had my cobbler waterproof mine (as I do with most of my shoes, here in the rainy Pac NW!) and that seems to make a big difference - I don't worry about rain or spills now. As well, because of the leather lining, I find them actually pretty durable. I've had mine since Oct and wear them about once a week, and they still look great.

I just received my lanvins from gregory's and they fit perfectly! I went up a half a size for both the patent and satin. I am so in love with the violet satin ones that I may never take them off. It is nice to know I can get them waterproofed!

Hi Hitchcock Blonde,

I had my cobbler waterproof mine (as I do with most of my shoes, here in the rainy Pac NW!) and that seems to make a big difference - I don't worry about rain or spills now. As well, because of the leather lining, I find them actually pretty durable. I've had mine since Oct and wear them about once a week, and they still look great.

Hi I also live in the Pacific NW - do you have a suggestion for a cobbler? Thanks!

I have black patent and regular black. The patent needed to be broken in but are now just as comfortable. I love them and they are SO much more comfortable than all of my other flats, I can't believe the difference! I don't even want to wear my other shoes anymore!!