Lanvin flats reviews?

chicsylvie

Feb 6, 2015
I have pretty bad feet (an understatement) and am looking for a pair of ballet flats. I just got a pair of Lanvin flats in silver. Compared to the Tieks I own, the Lanvins seem, at first glance, more comfortable, more substantial, possibly less durable (the outer sole--can it be replaced?), and possibly less pliant/foot conforming.

I do like the fact that the vamp is a bit higher on the Lanvins, which means that my bunions don't pop out of the shoe, or push along the top edge seam. The downside is that they seem slightly more narrow, and I wear a device between my toes that pushes them apart, meaning I can't wear something that's too constricting.

How well do Lanvin flats hold up (say, compared to Tieks)? Do they stretch around your foot? And if you own Tieks, which do you prefer more?

I have had many pairs of Lanvin flats over the years and currently have 3 in circulation. They are most comfortable shoes! I love the slight elevation in the heel - which makes them perfect for all day and long distance wear - and the comfort and stretch of the leather. Having said that, each pair has been resoled because they wear out quickly. It won't stop me getting more pairs in the future though.

I have had many pairs of Lanvin flats over the years and currently have 3 in circulation. They are most comfortable shoes! I love the slight elevation in the heel - which makes them perfect for all day and long distance wear - and the comfort and stretch of the leather. Having said that, each pair has been resoled because they wear out quickly. It won't stop me getting more pairs in the future though.

How much does it cost to have it resoled, typically?

I have just 1 pair that I got a couple years ago because they were a bargain at $80, I like them but would not buy more unless they were substantially marked down also. They run very small, I am a pretty true size 10, usually 41 or 42 in shoes that size that way, my Lanvin is a 42 which is the largest size they make and it is snug which isn't usually the case when I am wearing a 42. I haven't worn them a ton, but a handful of times, they have stretched just a little but are wearable for me. The soles will look very worn after just a couple wears, doesn't bother me but I know would bother some, and it's not like I wore them on a really long walk or something. They are fairly comfortable but I reach for my AGL's more and have 10 or more pairs of those, I'd recommend them over Lanvin. The Lanvin are very pretty though (mine are navy with grosgrain bows) and really nice leather.

I have about six pairs of Lanvin flats and love them. Super comfy but definitely runs small- or maybe due to the sizing being in French sizes vs. standard EU size? I'm confused about how Lanvin classifies their sizes, but I am a US size 5 and usually get 35 in European brands but in Lanvins I'm a 36. Also yes the soles have to be protected, especially the heels as they wear out fast (well I use mine a LOT so...) [emoji16] I have the cobbler put heel taps and rubber soles to help with the wear and tear.

Reactions: Lanneb