Lanvin flats: re-soling and cobblers

chloechloe

Oct 28, 2008
Hi all,

I was just about to take two pairs of Lanvin leather flats to the cobbler to add the Vibram sole and Zipsole. But then, I sat down and searched for Lanvin flat re-soling posts on The Purse Forum. From what I've read, I'm now on the fence about re-soling. I would really hate for the shoes to be ruined by the cobbler, and I live in a real backwoods town where the cobbler is not going to know about aesthetic appeal.
I have a pair of blue jean flats (with the bow) that I've had for at least 2 years now, although I don't wear them everyday at all, like I have been wearing the black leather ones I wanted to get re-soled. Anyway, the blue jean ones aren't that bad, but I do get *irritated* when I see the soles start to wear away after a couple days. It's so true: for the price, we shouldn't have to go through this angst after purchasing!!!!
So, should I or shouldn't I? For those of you who have had the re-soling done, are you glad you did?

You could always send your shoes to a different cobbler in a different town if you aren't sure about your local cobbler doing it.

I haven't resoled any of my Lanvin flats yet, but I plan on doing so when they get pretty worn down.

Don't use Cobblestone Cobblers in Missouri. I sent mine there and they came back with a thick sole and a half heel. I cried when I saw them. They ignored all of my notes and did what they wanted (I also sent some boots and they came back virtually the same and one major thing wasn't done, but they still charged me for a complete job claiming I "rushed" them even though they had my shoes for almost 3 weeks). They used to be great and I recommended them all the time. I guess they got so popular that they now screw up.

Last edited:
Oh no, KittyKat, really?? I used to send mine there (haven't gotten anything resoled in quite a while though, probably a year and a half!) Thanks for the info.. I'm bummed. I'll have to send mine somewhere else then. :sad:

I resoled mine and there wasn't a problem. I used a shop in Chicago, when I lived there, but I know they do a ton of mail orders. They are called Brook's Shoe Service. They rebuilt the heel that had worn away and put on a full sole, and I had no issuew with what they did. It isn't cheap, though.

http://www.brooksshoeservice.com/index.aspx

I also just moved to Raleigh, NC and am very happy with my new cobbler, Santana Creative. They also do mail orders. I've had some extensive work done with them (heel replacement, new soles on CL, etc) and they have been excellent.

You should go someplace that deals with designer shoes and communicates well with you over the phone. Nothing wrong with resoling if it's done right...