Lane Crawford asking for card details - scam?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, hoping someone can help me here! I'm in the US and made a purchase via Lane Crawford yesterday, and I got a kind of iffy email from them afterwards, asking me to send a picture of my credit card, otherwise they'll cancel my order. I've never shopped with them before but I thought they were a trusty department store, is this normal procedure? Here's part of the email I received:

"Thank you for shopping at Lane Crawford.

To protect your interests, we need to verify payment details from your recent order (number redacted). The order is currently on hold and payment has not been yet taken. Please kindly reply to this email and provide the following:

Authorization code (4-6 digit number) for this Lane Crawford transaction by contacting your card issuer.

OR

Front and back images of the credit card* AND bank or utility statement with your name and billing address.

*You can cover the last 4 digits of your Visa Card number and the security code at the back side of the credit card.

We will reserve the item for you until we have received the above and completed the verification process. The order will be cancelled if we do not receive your reply within the next 24 hours."

Anyone experienced the same? What should I do?

2. Can you call their customer service # and verify the email came directly from them? I would trust your gut on the email being iffy and not provide any info via email. Good luck!

3. Thanks! I thought about contacting them, but I didn't see the email until after their business hours (they're in HK so the time difference is pretty huge), and when they open again 24 hours will have passed since I ordered. The email asking for card info has a different contact number than the cs contact info on their website, but the cs email address is the same which is really strange.

I think I'll just have to wait and see what happens, if the order goes through without any additional information from me it's obviously a scam, if it doesn't I'll just order again and give them the information they want. As of right now when I try to check my order status it says "payment pending", so it might a be legitimate issue. The money is gone from my account though. What a weird way of doing business, I know they're a reputable department store but it really doesn't seem like it!

4. Hello, I'm in the same situation with an iffy email after ordering shoes from Lane Crawford and I wanted to know what happened? :smile: Did you get your money taken? Did you receive your order? What do you recommend I do? Thanks ahead!