Lambskin pep talk thread!

Lady Stardust

Je m'en foutiste
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
I really think we need this reading some posts on here lol. Ladies, do not be afraid of your lambskin bags! I see a lot of posts about people being afraid to carry their bags because they're afraid of damaging the delicate lambskin and I absolutely understand, but you have to enjoy your bags! I love lambskin, I prefer it 100 times to caviar, and is it a hassle sometimes? Yes, but you can't let the bag wear you, you have to be confident with it! Here's how I see the logistics of lambskin- Chanel (and other companies) don't make bags in this material for their amusement at watching us obsess over destroying them, they make them for us to USE, hence, it is an appropriate material for a bag. I do think you have to be more careful with it but honestly, you have to admit that in a number of years a bag that you use is not going to be pristine, it's just not possible unless you never use it, in which case, what's the point of having it? lol Be gentle with them but not obsessively so, that isn't fun! I just think we've got to take control of the bags/wallets/WOCs, etc, don't let a material ruin your life or fun times! Rock the lambskin with confidence!

^ It's true! Although caviar is more durable, I think many colors show up better in lambskin. I used to think I'm a caviar girl... but now my lambskin flaps are more than the caviars I own. Just becuz some colors are so irresistable in lambskin!! Just be a little bit more careful and don't take them out in the rain/snow, it is really not that bad. Especially for darker colors the wear doesn't show up as much as the lighter colors.

What a great idea for a post, Lady Stardust! I've been noticing a lot of paranoia on the board lately regarding the fragility of lambskin flaps. I've said it many times and I'll say it again: Lambskin is not that delicate! Yes it requires more care, yes you can't set a light-colored lambskin purse on the ground without getting it dirty, and yes you absolutely cannot use a lambskin flap as a baseball bat. (Caviar, maybe.) But anything short of that, lambskin will survive! I have a black lambskin flap that has weathered many storms with me, quite literally. It has been through light rain, molestation by colleagues and accidental fingernail scratches... And it still looks as great as the day I got it. ;)

i love the feel of lambskin and have 2 pieces in this leather. i do baby it a lot more than my caviar bags, BUT, i have no hesitation with using them. i want to enjoy them rather than look at them in their boxed. definitely enjoy your lambskin ladies!

I couldnt agree more. The lamb just looks and feels better to me. I seriously dont think it marks so much that you'll notice. You rub away any tiny scratches and to be honest, its worth it for that luxury buttery soft leather. Wear with pride :yahoo:

This is the thread for me! lambskin bags are my ultimate, especially vintage ones. I don't baby my bags although I take care of them -- they are meant to be carried. My vintage bags have earned the right to signs of wear just like I've earned my wrinkles! :smile: A pristine bag that's never been carried is like a woman who's never enjoyed life to the fullest!

Lamb is sooo beautiful and the colors are so saturated.... how can you say no?? :cloud9:

SDC10676.jpg

Reactions: Vinnie42
I am considering lamb and I want to thank you for the thread! I am considering a black jumbo or maxi. Any suggestions would be welcome. I know it's probably a criminal offense to say on this board, but I love the way the classic flaps look when they lose a bit of their structure and "soften" up. I also like the personality the bag takes on after being Gently used and gaining some character. To me, it's a more interesting story when the bag has a little personality-- the kind that can never be replicated, the kind of unique style that comes only from use!

I am considering lamb and I want to thank you for the thread! I am considering a black jumbo or maxi. Any suggestions would be welcome. I know it's probably a criminal offense to say on this board, but I love the way the classic flaps look when they lose a bit of their structure and "soften" up. I also like the personality the bag takes on after being Gently used and gaining some character. To me, it's a more interesting story when the bag has a little personality-- the kind that can never be replicated, the kind of unique style that comes only from use!

yes! this is what I have tried to say :P

I wish I felt the same so I would stop hyperventillating whenever something happens to my bags! I guess for me, my Chanels have to look perfect! The only exception are bags that are meant to be slouchy and meant to be casual!

heehee, this is the no-lamb bashing thread!

OP, great comments and for me personally I completely agree that bags are meant to be used and not locked on display so as to preserve them in perfection. That said, must confess that usually the first scratch will be accompanied by sharp intake of breath, followed by frantic circular rubbing with a fingertip and much muttering under the breath. Sometimes there are also death glares (if caused by a third party) or contortionist style kicking my own butt (if caused by yours truly)! After that FIRST scratch, then I usually am much calmer over inevitable wear and tear and THAT's when I really start to enjoy my bags!