Lambskin or regular leather?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies, I have a quick question and I am more curious than anything else. I recently purchased the Vintage DG Mini Mattie, and also a Brown Haze MAC on the bay. Does anyone know what type of leather these are? :thinking:

2. I'd like an official answer about the haze leathers as well. I'm thinking that they're not cowhide, not lamb, maybe a lightly glazed goat skin?

3. I'm pretty sure that the haze leathers are cow of washed calfskin. Its too hardy to be goat or lamb since those are a lot more delicate regardless of glazing or not!

4. ^ Huh?

5. They are cow. RM hasn't used goatskin yet AFAIK. Lamb is a different texture than those 2 leathers, so it's not lamb.

6. Thank you :balloon:

7. #7 Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    Bomar's Deep Red was goatskin...I think there were a few more but I am not sure of the color names. :smile:

8. It would be great if RM made some goatskin leather bags again. I have a couple of the goatskin Balenciagas and really like them!