Lambertson Truex fans?

fkhatibloo

Jun 22, 2006
Hi ladies - Newbie here, and glad to have found y'all. Makes me feel ever so slightly more "sane" for my obsessions.

I did a search of the forum and found very few L-T posts. Personally, I am a bit in love with some of their lines, and found a fan-freaking-tabulous price on one of last year's Sussex pieces this week at Jeremy's, a San Francisco mecca of samples/returns/so on from everyone from Barneys and Bloomies to Nordstrom and Neiman's.

I just carried the bag for the first time today (I travel for work, nearly weekly) and though I knew the strap drop would be slightly short, it was UNBELIEVABLY comfortable - this bag has a weight balance (even loaded up to the gills) that rivals nothing I've EVER carried before.

Has anyone else had this experience with LambTrues?

I love lambertson Truex handbags, I have 2 only, one in a straw and white leather combination, it is large but perfectly balanced also, and a smaller clutch like that I also love.

I've always admired them, but never seriously thought about owning one. Thanks for the post and your experience. Got any pics you would like to share?

I have only one LT - a small, sky blue handbag. I bought it for the color and love carrying it. It is rather small so I can't fit much in it - but that's usually good in the summertime! :biggrin:

I love my LT bag! I bought it last year on a whim and I carried it all summer. It is hot pink (fabric) with leather trim. It is by far my most functional/comfortable bag. They have really put some thought into the compartments and the best way to organize an everyday bag.

I am getting a beach bag from them next week from my favorite SA at NM. It was on sale then another 25% off so why not? I will post a pick when I get it!

Does anyone know the history of Lambertson Truex? Weren't they two designers for another high end company and left to form their own?

Here's a little history ...

Graduates of top design houses such as Gucci, Calvin Klein, Carlos Falchi and Geoffrey Beene, Richard Lambertson and John Truex know what they're doing. It is obvious that meticulous attention was paid to every detail no matter how seemingly minor. It is, after all, the attention to all those tiny details that has gotten Lambertson Truex recognized as one of the highest quality bag and accessories manufacturers. With a style that is both classic and current, and clientele like Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Debra Messing and Renee Zellweger, you can be sure that you'll be seeing a lot more of that soon-to-be very famous LT logo.

"I want each bag to be carried for a long time. They soften; get more personality as they age. Each one becomes a little jewel to be rediscovered over and over again." - John Truex

I love Lambertson Truex. I have owned several of their bags and their shoes are great also. I love how a lot of the bags are lined in a light blue colored suede. I just got this silver one lined in rose colored suede.
LT3.jpg
LT4.jpg

I think of Lambertson Truex as sort of a cult brand. Those who are in the know about the brand are big fans, but it's not a widely known brand. It one of those brands I see in Bergdorfs, but then don't see a lot of out on the street. I had one of their python bags a few years back and also have one of their calf hair little bags.

Their bags look so pretty. The inside is so lush looking with light blue suede. But I'm wondering ... does the suede make the bag heavy??? I have a Gryson Skye with a suede lining and it is heaaavy! Pretty, but heavy. WSY

My LT bags are a little on the heavy side (but they are mostly large bags), but it doesn't bother me. The only downside to the pretty suede lining is that it has to be professionally cleaned periodically.