Lakis

footlocker

O.G.
Mar 25, 2010
Read the news below:

"Greece’s most famous fashion designer, Lakis Gavalas, was arrested on Friday night in Athens. Greek media reported that Gavalas was the most wanted state debtor for almost a week.
Lakis Gavalas owes 1,4 million euros worth of VAT tax and he knew the Financial Crimes Unit (SDOE) was after him. The arrest was finally executed by a Narcotics & Weapons police unit last Friday.
Both units let apparently Gavalas first have a great time and they arrested him later after he had left a night club.
Greece’s famous entrepreneur -often celebrated in local media as ”King of Lifestyle”, “Guru of Fashion” and “Fashion Icon” – had already problems with the SDOE since last February.
At that time it was leaked to the Greek press that he was owing the state some 5 million euro. His debts to the state had squeezed him financially to the extent that he was not allowed to import goods anymore. Gavalas still remains in custody waiting for a court hearing to be scheduled."

http://greece.greekreporter.com/201...shion-lakis-gavalas-arrested-for-tax-evasion/

First, he has filed bankruptcy protection, now being arrested. Should Hermes make more Kelly lakis and Birkin Lakis so that Lakis can get some royalty from Hermes to save him from the debt and cost of litigation?

im actually wondering the same thing...would hermes stop the production of lakis bcause of this?

should they? bcause its quite bad for their image to be connected with mr lakis now i guess?

just when i thought i wanna get myself a lakis kelly...

I do not think that they should present him with anything. He knew he had to pay VAT...sad that he is arrested, but maybe he should have just paid the VAT? Why is it that he felt he was above the law? AND with Greece in the financial situation it is in, it is just sad. JMTC

i do not think that they should present him with anything. He knew he had to pay vat...sad that he is arrested, but maybe he should have just paid the vat? Why is it that he felt he was above the law? And with greece in the financial situation it is in, it is just sad. Jmtc

agree!!

he has to pay VAT, but he has no money to pay the VAT. Well, perhaps he should have a clean out sale of his amazing H collection. When will he be declared bankrupt? Hello, liquidator, can you make a public auction of all his bags asap? We are in line.....

Never liked the Kelly Lakis.
Before I was more familiar with hermes, I thought it was a very bad knock off...all those zippers..:weird:
I totally agree. We may be in the minority in this Lakis-focussed thread but I honestly think the Kelly Lakis is an abomination and I usually love bags with useful pockets . I'm going to duck my head now and - after expressing solidarity with you - get off the thread and let the others continue loving the Lakis.

I totally agree. We may be in the minority in this Lakis-focussed thread but I honestly think the Kelly Lakis is an abomination and I usually love bags with useful pockets . I'm going to duck my head now and - after expressing solidarity with you - get off the thread and let the others continue loving the Lakis.

Thank you!!
I was beginning to feel that I was the only person who feels this way.
To me, the Kelly is such a beautiful bag...with perfect form.
Why tamper with perfection?

Yikes! What a disaster for him. But I agree that just because he mismanaged his finances doesn't mean that Hermes should pitch in help out. What a terrible situation all around--for Greece, for him and for Hermes.

Thank you.

I love my Lakis 35. The shorter and wider strap makes it very comfortable on the shoulder. The outside pockets are so functional. I don't have to bother with getting in and out of the purse if I am just getting the keys, phone and small change.

It's a perfect bag for me.