Lady Gaga at Oscars with Tiff’s 128 carat Yellow Diamond Necklace

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Is anyone else totally blown away by this!? Apparently, it is Tiff’s most revered stone that remains in the Fifth Avenue vaults. This is only the third time it has been worn in public. First was 1957, Mrs. Mary Whitehouse wore it to a ball in Newport Rhode Island. Then Audrey Hepburn was permitted to wear it for promotional purposes to promote the film. It started as a 287 carat stone and was recut by Tiffany. It is a cushion cut but has 82 facets....24 more than a brilliant cut.
All I can say is wow and she wears it well!!CF7BFDD2-248A-40AD-A5B8-26164729E531.jpeg

Every year when I watch the Oscars I am hoping to see vintage and archival pieces from the big houses on the stars but I was NOT expecting to see the Tiffany diamond. Wow. What an amazing surprise and Gaga wore it so well. Can you imagine how many security people she must have had with her the entire night while she was wearing that beauty?!?

As the above poster said, it’s usually on display at the NYC flagship store. It’s huge and pretty. If you get a chance to go to NYC, it’s worth taking a peek.

@MatAllston, I am surprised too. I wonder if Lady Gaga put in her contract with Tiffany that she has access to any piece. I actually got curious about that and tried to google who asked / paid whom to wear the stone but could not find any info.

The diamond is usually displayed in a case near the main door and there was never much traffic to see the diamond (just me usually staring at it). I bet now, with Lady Gag, once the necklace is back at the NYC store, tons of people will want to see it now. Me included! I need yet another peek! [emoji51]

I told my husband I wonder if now there will be an increased demand for yellow diamond engagement rings.

This was a brilliant move by Tiffany’s. They knew that she would be at the piano so it would be showcased and everyone would be talking about it and also want to see it afterwards. They created buzz and a draw into their stores. Amazing.

It’s a gorgeous piece. I often wonder if all the stuff at the Oscars is real though. I’ve see the pictures that show all the guards but it still seems reckless...

As the above poster said, it’s usually on display at the NYC flagship store. It’s huge and pretty. If you get a chance to go to NYC, it’s worth taking a peek.

@MatAllston, I am surprised too. I wonder if Lady Gaga put in her contract with Tiffany that she has access to any piece. I actually got curious about that and tried to google who asked / paid whom to wear the stone but could not find any info.

The diamond is usually displayed in a case near the main door and there was never much traffic to see the diamond (just me usually staring at it). I bet now, with Lady Gag, once the necklace is back at the NYC store, tons of people will want to see it now. Me included! I need yet another peek! [emoji51]

I told my husband I wonder if now there will be an increased demand for yellow diamond engagement rings.
By the time I get to Tiffany's to see this gorgeous necklace it will probably be roped off and the line will probably be extremely long.