Lady Dior - which color?

Feb 8, 2009
8D90584E-4FF1-4FE8-A982-9151BEF175CF.jpeg FB6512F3-C9B9-4141-A4A2-B3D477DFA7FD.jpeg Newbie to Dior and am excited to purchase a LD in medium in my upcoming trip to Hawaii. I have narrowed down to these 2 colors ( tan/beige or iron grey). I don’t live near any Dior boutiques so I can only reply on photos sent from SA.
I am hoping to use this bag as often as I can, so I want something that goes well with causal wear yet mature (I am in my mid-40s).
My style is pretty casual or more bohemian type, and I wear all sorts of colors ( except red / burgundy colors).
Would appreciate your input / feedback etc.

I wanted to suggest this instead, if they have it at the boutique (photo from @Pursegirl65 :
3fe9f4cd-755d-40ab-996b-aafdb2d7c629-jpeg.4368318

The hardware is ultra-matte in the same colour as the rest of the bag. The opening is a flap instead of a zipper. The lining is suede instead of canvas. Best of all, it is in calfskin.

I think this would go perfectly with a Bohemian style which is similar to Maria Grazia Chiuri's aesthetic at Dior as Creative Director.

The gray is stunning, but if your personal style is more casual, I'd go with the pale pink. And the pink with the matte hardware is even more casual, IMO.

Do you have a preference for what kind of bag opening you'd like? The original pink you posted as a zipper top, whereas the matte averagejoe posted above is a flap opening.

Thanks for your input and suggestion! I learned about this collection too. I am not a pink person per se..... if they come in grey, taupe (pink with brown undertone), or darker beige, then that would easily be my first pick. I inquired the Hawaii store, and they only have it in black or navy, so I guess no luck for me.

I wanted to suggest this instead, if they have it at the boutique (photo from @Pursegirl65 :
3fe9f4cd-755d-40ab-996b-aafdb2d7c629-jpeg.4368318

The hardware is ultra-matte in the same colour as the rest of the bag. The opening is a flap instead of a zipper. The lining is suede instead of canvas. Best of all, it is in calfskin.

I think this would go perfectly with a Bohemian style which is similar to Maria Grazia Chiuri's aesthetic at Dior as Creative Director.

Reactions: averagejoe
bohemia style probably will go with Grey color better. Good Luck!! Dior has Hawaii price. Please share what you will get. Thank you!
Yes, I recently found out Hawaii price is about 10% less than the rest of USA, and no tax! So that's a lot of savings! I am leaning toward the grey but hopefully they will have it in stock when I visit (later in April). Still need to go check it out in person to see how I feel about it. Thanks!

Reactions: Greentea
Yes, I recently found out Hawaii price is about 10% less than the rest of USA, and no tax! So that's a lot of savings! I am leaning toward the grey but hopefully they will have it in stock when I visit (later in April). Still need to go check it out in person to see how I feel about it. Thanks!
Are you going to be in Honolulu? There are two dior stores in Honolulu. I ususally go to the Dior store in Ala moana. The SA, Karen, is helpful. I know a lot of designers stores have Hawaii special prices. Dior, Prada, Gucci, YSL, LV, Valentino, and so forth. Hope you can find the bag you like.

Are you going to be in Honolulu? There are two dior stores in Honolulu. I ususally go to the Dior store in Ala moana. The SA, Karen, is helpful. I know a lot of designers stores have Hawaii special prices. Dior, Prada, Gucci, YSL, LV, Valentino, and so forth. Hope you can find the bag you like.
Yes I contacted the Dior store at Ala Moana. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: honolulu168
I think you should get black with silver hardware or they have the ultra matte black with black hardware... if you tend to wear a lot of colors black would be perfect for you it can go with any outfit! But if you have your heart set on these two choices i would definitely choose grey!

Reactions: beyondbeing
I think you should get black with silver hardware or they have the ultra matte black with black hardware... if you tend to wear a lot of colors black would be perfect for you it can go with any outfit! But if you have your heart set on these two choices i would definitely choose grey!
I will check out the black in person as well.....I am a 'color' person and notice myself seldom reach to my black bags...
Grey is one of my fav color so I am leaning towards that :smile:

Reactions: jessizzl