Lady Dior strap clasp defect?

Jan 23, 2011
hi everyone, I recently bought a medium lady Dior with a thin leather strap in Europe. When I got home to the US, I took my bag out to try it and and use when I was attaching the shoulder straps, I noticed the clasps stay open and don't close themselves like regular straps do. I have to push to clasp for it to close all the way. Is this normal of Dior straps? When I tried on the bag in store, the SA attached the strap for me, so I'm not sure. Is is a defective clasp? Will I have issues exchanging it in the US? Thank you for the help!

hi everyone, I recently bought a medium lady Dior with a thin leather strap in Europe. When I got home to the US, I took my bag out to try it and and use when I was attaching the shoulder straps, I noticed the clasps stay open and don't close themselves like regular straps do. I have to push to clasp for it to close all the way. Is this normal of Dior straps? When I tried on the bag in store, the SA attached the strap for me, so I'm not sure. Is is a defective clasp? Will I have issues exchanging it in the US? Thank you for the help!
It should close fully on its own, although it sounds like it stays closed when you manually close it, which is really important.

You can bring it to Dior to see if they can replace the clasp and/or strap for you. Bring the receipt and/or authenticity card with you so they can service your bag under warranty.

It should close fully on its own, although it sounds like it stays closed when you manually close it, which is really important.

You can bring it to Dior to see if they can replace the clasp and/or strap for you. Bring the receipt and/or authenticity card with you so they can service your bag under warranty.
It does stay closed on its own. But I would have better peace of mind if it functioned the way it's supposed to like all other Dior pieces. Thank you for the response. I will take it into Dior when I get the chance.

Reactions: averagejoe
I went to Dior and was disappointed. I brought everything but the bag, and the SA said he couldn't help me unless they saw the bag as well. And even than they couldn't replace my strap but send it out for repair. He didn't even look at the strap or asked what was wrong with it. I have never even used the strap or the bag. I even asked if they needed to take the bag in with the strap and he said no, they just need to see it. So now I have to make another trip out to Dior. It's almost a two hour trip for me :sad:.

I went to Dior and was disappointed. I brought everything but the bag, and the SA said he couldn't help me unless they saw the bag as well. And even than they couldn't replace my strap but send it out for repair. He didn't even look at the strap or asked what was wrong with it. I have never even used the strap or the bag. I even asked if they needed to take the bag in with the strap and he said no, they just need to see it. So now I have to make another trip out to Dior. It's almost a two hour trip for me :sad:.
Sorry to hear this. I hope they can solve the problem when you bring in the bag next time.

I was wondering if you could update the status of your bag and strap. As I am having the same issue with the clasp on my new bag. This is the second bag and they both have the issue of the clasp not closing completely. I love the bag but am concerned with the closure of the clasp