Lady Dior red - ghw/shw? Patent or not?

pixiesaz

Apr 13, 2012
Hi there, I'm thinking about getting the Lady Dior bag (the classic small/medium size). However I am not sure if I should go with gold hardware or silver... And also if I should go with patent or normal leather.

Which do you guys think looks better/more elegant and timeless? More durable? Holds shape better? Etc.

I usually wear gold on a daily basis but most of my bags are ghw, so that's why I was considering shw, but since it is an investment I don't want to end up making the wrong choice! Thanks in advance :smile:

elegant and timeless = personally i choose lambskin
more durable = i think it varies... patent and lambskin depends on how you use them, and depends on the color of your LD
holds shape better = definitely patent because two of my friends have had their LDs for a while, they're both black patent, and they are still very much in shape even when they don't put anything inside while stored away
======
i like GHW with lighter colored LDs... and I like SHW with darker/more vibrant colors

my two cents... i'm still in the process of getting to know LDs better~~ feedback is always welcomed

elegant and timeless = personally i choose lambskin
more durable = i think it varies... patent and lambskin depends on how you use them, and depends on the color of your LD
holds shape better = definitely patent because two of my friends have had their LDs for a while, they're both black patent, and they are still very much in shape even when they don't put anything inside while stored away
======
i like GHW with lighter colored LDs... and I like SHW with darker/more vibrant colors

my two cents... i'm still in the process of getting to know LDs better~~ feedback is always welcomed

Thank you for your input! I had a patent beige LD before but sold it as it began to lose shape :sad: I even kept the stuffing and everything in it but it still happened. I only plan on using the bag when I go shopping with friends or out to dinner etc. nothing too rough lol. I don't manically baby my bags but I don't toss them around either... I avoid placing my bags on the floor and with beige/lighter bags I make sure they don't rub on my jeans etc (guess that doesn't apply too much for a red bag though!)
What do you think?

btw .. i had this interesting conversation with the dior boutique sales in Toronto the other day, she was telling me that some people go into the store and ask for red LD with GHW... and she said she's never seen a red LD in patent/lambskin with GHW, so she questions the authenticity of those bags..

i was kinda surprised because i think i've seen/heard about red LD with GHW from several sources and the SA is saying they might not be authentic??

Thank you for your input! I had a patent beige LD before but sold it as it began to lose shape :sad: I even kept the stuffing and everything in it but it still happened. I only plan on using the bag when I go shopping with friends or out to dinner etc. nothing too rough lol. I don't manically baby my bags but I don't toss them around either... I avoid placing my bags on the floor and with beige/lighter bags I make sure they don't rub on my jeans etc (guess that doesn't apply too much for a red bag though!)
What do you think?

hmm in that case i would definitely choose the red lambskin lady dior with GHW/SHW

somehow i just like lady dior in lambskin because the design and the size is so lady like and elegant... patent + lady dior design makes it too high profile, and personally i don't like high profile-ness:smile:

i would accept LV vernis alma bb though... i think patent is more suitable for young and popping designs

btw .. i had this interesting conversation with the dior boutique sales in Toronto the other day, she was telling me that some people go into the store and ask for red LD with GHW... and she said she's never seen a red LD in patent/lambskin with GHW, so she questions the authenticity of those bags..

i was kinda surprised because i think i've seen/heard about red LD with GHW from several sources and the SA is saying they might not be authentic??

That's strange. The weird thing is, my SA at Dior told me that the beige lambskin Dior never comes in Medium, but only L and XL. I know that Medium beige LDs are all over and maybe it's perhaps that his own boutique never received one certainly doesn't mean that it's not authentic, right?

However, I can't really know for sure in the case of Red w/ GHW because I never pursued one.

The last time I was able to go to a Dior boutique as well they only had red patent with shw but I am pretty sure I have seen red patent with ghw (as shown in those pics!) but lately I haven't seen any ghw ones.. Maybe they stopped making them?

hmm in that case i would definitely choose the red lambskin lady dior with GHW/SHW

somehow i just like lady dior in lambskin because the design and the size is so lady like and elegant... patent + lady dior design makes it too high profile, and personally i don't like high profile-ness:smile:

i would accept LV vernis alma bb though... i think patent is more suitable for young and popping designs

I have my wallet and cles in lv vernis! But they're in an older blue colour lol. Got the classic monogram for my agenda though so it wouldn't be too loud.

And I have seen Blair Waldorf's LD slouch slightly in a pic but I actually kind of liked it? Lol

I have a red patent leather with silver hardware! I vote that. It's so lovely and holds up so much well than my lambskin, but they are harder to open (meaning the opening is much more rigid) than the lambskin.

Wow I wish this SA wouldn't just make things up like this. When the Lady Dior was first introduced in red, it only had gold hardware. At the same Toronto Holt Renfrew, an SA said to a customer that wanted to fix her costume jewelry that Dior doesn't fix it because it's meant to be disposable. What on earth! Some of the pieces are over $1000 and I can't imagine it sounding as cheap as costume jewelry from H&M or some other mass market brand.

It's probably the same SA. She really shouldn't work in luxury retail.

In any case, I recommend the black lambskin with silver hardware. It is the most iconic Lady Dior bag.

Wow I wish this SA wouldn't just make things up like this. When the Lady Dior was first introduced in red, it only had gold hardware. At the same Toronto Holt Renfrew, an SA said to a customer that wanted to fix her costume jewelry that Dior doesn't fix it because it's meant to be disposable. What on earth! Some of the pieces are over $1000 and I can't imagine it sounding as cheap as costume jewelry from H&M or some other mass market brand.

It's probably the same SA. She really shouldn't work in luxury retail.

In any case, I recommend the black lambskin with silver hardware. It is the most iconic Lady Dior bag.

it might be! i was trying on some of the LD bags and she introduced me to the colors of the bags ... which sounded totally off ... i tried on three different shades of red, and she told me they were rouge carmine, classic red, and bright red

honestly speaking... from all the researches i've done on the internet... i don't think any of them is the real classic red.. one's a dark red, one's a pinky red, and the other one is more orangey..

btw her name's Eva and she works at the dior boutique in HR on bloor street