Lady Dior or Miss Dior

babevivtan

O.G.
May 30, 2007
Hi ladies, I am new to the Dior sub-forum.

Which is a better buy, Lady Dior or Miss Dior and in what leather? How does Dior's lambskin compare to Chanel's? Do the Lady Dior and Miss Dior go on sale? Is the Lady Dior's opening tight? Understand Miss Dior comes in two sizes and in two lengths of strap, whereas Lady Dior comes in three sizes.

Sorry for my many questions and I hope I got the info above correct, this is from my reading of this sub-forum. I have been trying to learn more about Dior before I ask questions, and of cos, looking at all your beautiful bags. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies, I am new to the Dior sub-forum.

Which is a better buy, Lady Dior or Miss Dior and in what leather? How does Dior's lambskin compare to Chanel's? Do the Lady Dior and Miss Dior go on sale? Is the Lady Dior's opening tight? Understand Miss Dior comes in two sizes and in two lengths of strap, whereas Lady Dior comes in three sizes.

Sorry for my many questions and I hope I got the info above correct, this is from my reading of this sub-forum. I have been trying to learn more about Dior before I ask questions, and of cos, looking at all your beautiful bags. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

I think that both bags are amazing on their own. It ultimately comes down to the style of bag that best compliments your outfits.

I've read that Dior lambskin is more durable (and less prone to scratching) than Chanel lambskin. The Chanel lambskin is very delicate. I also prefer the look of Dior lambskin as it has a beautiful soft grain to it.

Dior no longer includes any bags in their seasonal sales. Also, the Lady Dior with the classic quilted lambskin will never go on sale.

The Lady Dior's opening is narrow due to the zippered closure. With use, the leather around the zipper softens beautifully and makes your bag very accessible. Also, the large and XL Lady Dior sizes are much easier to get in and out of.

The Lady Dior comes in 4 sizes (small evening, medium, large, and X-large). The Miss Dior currently comes in two sizes.

I hope this helps! Let us know which one you end up choosing, and please post pictures after your purchase for us to drool over!

averagejoe said:
I think that both bags are amazing on their own. It ultimately comes down to the style of bag that best compliments your outfits.

I've read that Dior lambskin is more durable (and less prone to scratching) than Chanel lambskin. The Chanel lambskin is very delicate. I also prefer the look of Dior lambskin as it has a beautiful soft grain to it.

Dior no longer includes any bags in their seasonal sales. Also, the Lady Dior with the classic quilted lambskin will never go on sale.

The Lady Dior's opening is narrow due to the zippered closure. With use, the leather around the zipper softens beautifully and makes your bag very accessible. Also, the large and XL Lady Dior sizes are much easier to get in and out of.

The Lady Dior comes in 4 sizes (small evening, medium, large, and X-large). The Miss Dior currently comes in two sizes.

I hope this helps! Let us know which one you end up choosing, and please post pictures after your purchase for us to drool over!

Wow, thanks for the valuable info. Yup, from my lurking around here, I have discovered that your the the Dior Expert!

What about the Lady Dior patent? How does it hold up and does the Lady Dior come only in lamb skin and patent? I am guessing that the patent is cow / calf?

What materials does the Miss Dior come in?

Lady Dior patent is quite stiff and not as soft as the lambskin but also more durable than the lambskin. I don't have to worry so much about the patent when I use it. I believe patent LD is also lamb (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). After owning both, I love the luxury of lambskin. The first LD definitely should be lamb.
Good luck with your decision.

Adiva said:
Lady Dior patent is quite stiff and not as soft as the lambskin but also more durable than the lambskin. I don't have to worry so much about the patent when I use it. I believe patent LD is also lamb (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). After owning both, I love the luxury of lambskin. The first LD definitely should be lamb.
Good luck with your decision.

Thank you! I saw a hot pink patent and love it but din get it. Am thinking of the red patent which i think is not a seasonal colour?
I am afraid of lamb skin, I dun want my bag to look old.
I am not sure if I will get a Dior but it is definitely one of my options esp since one of my tpf buddies has a Lady Dior! Lol.

in my opinion i love the lady dior more due to it's history "lady Diana" and it looks more classic to me, i do love the flap but i'd def. go for Chanel,
now patent or lambskin? to be honest i LOVE them both, however there are certain colors that (in my opinion) would look better in lambskin than patent for example the beige color looks better in lambskin, the fushcia color looks better in patent.
black color looks fabulous in both patent and lambskin, but i'd go for patent as i think it's more durable and more scratch-resistant and i think it will hold it's shape beautifully.
i hope this helps and good luck with your purchase :heart::smile:

What about the Lady Dior patent? How does it hold up and does the Lady Dior come only in lamb skin and patent? I am guessing that the patent is cow / calf?

What materials does the Miss Dior come in?

I agree with the posted comments; the patent is more durable and will maintain the shape of the bag. However, unless you overstuff your bag, or are rough with it when you open it to get to its contents, your bag shouldn't deform, even if it is the lambskin version.

The Miss Dior comes in lambskin, matte lambskin, exotics (ostrich, crocodile, python), and tweed.

Don't forget, the Lady Dior now comes in calfskin, which is a sturdier leather than lambskin and has a light sheen. Perhaps this could be a happy compromise between lambskin and patent.

Over time and with regular use, the lambskin will soften and the bag will lose its overall rigidity.

eminere™;20503087 said:
Over time and with regular use, the lambskin will soften and the bag will lose its overall rigidity.

Yes, i noticed that with my first Lady Dior in brown lambskin and from then on, I place plastiic sheets inside the bag before using it to maintain it's shape. The plastic sheets are ~0.75mm thick. So far all my Lady Diors have held up well.

I got these sheets from 'Daiso' in Singapore and cut them to shape, not sure if other craft stores has it. An alternative is to get plastic file holders and cut them to shape. It seems like a waste to cut up a proper file but i think when you spend so much on a bag, it's worth it as you'd like to prolong it's wear.

Wow thanks, everyone. Miss Dior in calfskin sounds yummy and hmm.. I like the sound of Lady Dior in patent too. Incidentally, DH just asked if I wanna get a Dior. Hmmm..... :smile:

the more I looked at the two styles, the more "confused" i get... I have no idea now which to get first! bebevivtan, your DH is such a gem to know that you are thinking of getting a dior!

Gosh, I still cannot decide between Miss Dior (is it too much like the Chanel flap) or Lady Dior and sizes!

Is the patent also lamb?

I heard that in snow, it is best to use patent, is it true?
If so, I am assuming it is so for rainy days as well?

Gosh, I still cannot decide between Miss Dior (is it too much like the Chanel flap) or Lady Dior and sizes!

Is the patent also lamb?

I heard that in snow, it is best to use patent, is it true?
If so, I am assuming it is so for rainy days as well?

I think that the patent is calfskin.

It is still not recommended that you expose your patent products to moisture of any kind, though, because it can leave marks on the patent. This is especially true when it comes to lighter colours.

And I don't think that the Miss Dior is too much like the Chanel flap bag, because they have many details that set them apart. I would say that some other designer bags like the Lanvin Happy bag are much more like the Chanel classic flap (including the leather-braided chain straps) than the Miss Dior. The feature that I love most about the Miss Dior is the chain strap; it's a really luxurious and unique chain.

averagejoe said:
I think that the patent is calfskin.

It is still not recommended that you expose your patent products to moisture of any kind, though, because it can leave marks on the patent. This is especially true when it comes to lighter colours.

And I don't think that the Miss Dior is too much like the Chanel flap bag, because they have many details that set them apart. I would say that some other designer bags like the Lanvin Happy bag are much more like the Chanel classic flap (including the leather-braided chain straps) than the Miss Dior. The feature that I love most about the Miss Dior is the chain strap; it's a really luxurious and unique chain.

U really are the Dior expert. Dior needs to pay you, you know? :hugs:

To add: dear all, I have not decided what bag or which brand to get but am just discovering Dior after seeing my cousin's large red patent Lady Dior. So I might end up not getting dior but am thankful for your advice and warm friendship extended to a newbie on the Dior subforum.