Lady Dior or Chanel GST

Bart

Oct 23, 2011
Good morning everyone.

I am looking to buy my fiance a new handbag for her birthday (January 26). She loves the Lady Dior in red leather (not the shiny one) and the Chanel GST in red leather too.

I do not know which to buy - I have looked in to it and the price points seem to be the same. She is a lovely woman, glamorous and very traditional. I just want something that will match her personality. I know she loves Chanel because she has a lot of their perfume, but she also loves the "silhouettes of Dior" (as she has told me many times).

She is a bit of a showy person, so I think both these bags are good options. What are your experiences like with both of these bags in terms of accessibility, and utility?

Thank you!

Bart

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/yndebay/purseforum/lunch_in_LA_December_13_2010.jpg

OR

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/yndebay/purseforum/lunch_in_LA_December_13_2010.jpg

Ooh, how fun! Aren't you sweet to get your fiancee a new handbag!! And a luxurious one at that!!!

My vote goes for the Lady Dior in red leather. It's a stunning bag -- classic and glamorous at the same time -- and the quality of Dior is fantastic. Good luck deciding and be sure to let us know your choice! :smile: (And her reaction!!!)

Go for the Lady Dior. It is more iconic than the GST, and even has a story behind it.

Plus I have seen a LOT of people with the GST (fake or real). I don't see Lady Dior bags as often.

how sweet! but lady dior for sure! :cool:

-both are kinder boxy: gst is more casual, good for daily work; LD can be used day and night, casual and formal. with the longer strap, can be worn as shoulder bag. etc
-LD is a little pricer than gst, just FYI.
-LD is iconic, classic and will look gorgeous on ANY WOMAN :P
-agree with averagejoe, dior is rarer on the street, it can't be wrong to have it in a lady's closet!!

Last but not least, does show your purchase when a decision is made. :P