Lady Dior or Chanel GST

Bart

Oct 23, 2011
Toronto
Good morning everyone.

I am looking to buy my fiance a new handbag for her birthday (January 26). She loves the Lady Dior in red leather (not the shiny one) and the Chanel GST in red leather too.

I do not know which to buy - I have looked in to it and the price points seem to be the same. She is a lovely woman, glamorous and very traditional. I just want something that will match her personality. I know she loves Chanel because she has a lot of their perfume, but she also loves the "silhouettes of Dior" (as she has told me many times).

She is a bit of a showy person, so I think both these bags are good options. What are your experiences like with both of these bags in terms of accessibility, and utility?

Thank you!

Bart

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/yndebay/purseforum/lunch_in_LA_December_13_2010.jpg

OR

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/yndebay/purseforum/lunch_in_LA_December_13_2010.jpg

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
Ooh, how fun! Aren't you sweet to get your fiancee a new handbag!! And a luxurious one at that!!!

My vote goes for the Lady Dior in red leather. It's a stunning bag -- classic and glamorous at the same time -- and the quality of Dior is fantastic. Good luck deciding and be sure to let us know your choice! :smile: (And her reaction!!!)

namie

O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
Lady Dior portrays a classy image and GST is more casual. Lady Dior is one of Dior's higher end bags and GST is one of the lower end Chanel.

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
Go for the Lady Dior. It is more iconic than the GST, and even has a story behind it.

Plus I have seen a LOT of people with the GST (fake or real). I don't see Lady Dior bags as often.

yennie

Dec 11, 2009
If she 's traditional person, i think go with lady dior, compare between gst and lady dior, lady dior look more beautiful :smile:

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I agree with Dior. Both are classic and timeless but there is something about the Dior...

miki66

VCA Obsession
O.G.
Apr 2, 2011
U.S.
how sweet! but lady dior for sure! :cool:

-both are kinder boxy: gst is more casual, good for daily work; LD can be used day and night, casual and formal. with the longer strap, can be worn as shoulder bag. etc
-LD is a little pricer than gst, just FYI.
-LD is iconic, classic and will look gorgeous on ANY WOMAN :P
-agree with averagejoe, dior is rarer on the street, it can't be wrong to have it in a lady's closet!!

Last but not least, does show your purchase when a decision is made. :P