Lady dior: Help selecting colour and size!

Nov 6, 2017
Hi All,
I am fairly new to Dior, having recently converted over from Chanel :smile:
I've really fallen in love with the Dior world...I love the muted pastels and greys! In particular, the lady dior bag as caught my eye and am thinking about taking a plunge. That said, I find myself quite indecided on two things: colour and size

On colour, I know I definitely don't want black. I was thinking either rose poudre, grey or this season's red which has a cool undertone (not the classic read which is a bit orange-toned to me). I want to love grey but when I try it on, the bag just seems to become dull. So that leaves me with rose poudre or red. The rose poudre is incredibly feminine and dainty...the red is more bold, but no less feminine. My concern with rose poudre is that it may be too 'princessy' for my life in London...but I wonder if the red is too bold? No doubt the red is stunning! i also wonder if maybe I should hold out for another colour to strike my fancy, but then it seems I would lose out on this season's red

On size, very much debating between My lady dior and Medium. My lady dior is so cute but i LOVE the zipper detail on the medium. There is something about the charm that just gets me. I also think that the medium's dimensions work a bit better with the overall bag...but then the bag becomes a bit more elegant and not as ideal for evenings out.

And a bit about me! Early 30s, comfortable lifestyle (dinners out, weddings, etc) with general love of Dior. Oh and I also am quite budget conscious so I'd like a bag that will last me for at least a decade!

Reactions: CocoGlitter
I love the red and gray best as non-black options. Also, navy with silver is such a chic combo and can be worn against black, but also be fresh for summer. From what I’ve read, you’ll likely prefer the flap closure to the zipper. It makes the opening more manageable. I am planning a Lady Dior at some point too. Likely the mini or MLD. After a Diorama. :smile:

Reactions: MahaM
I suggest the red. Red is easier to maintain than the lighter Rose Poudre. Red also isn't that "loud". I've seen a lot of women with red bags before and their bags don't stand out that much. Colours that are fluorescent like neon yellow will stand out more than red. With colours like red, it will stand out only if you want it to (i.e. wear all black and a red bag will stand out).

Reactions: Apricots and msnfas