Lady Dior hardware and leather scratches

Chanotchka

Aug 23, 2020
Hi all!
I recently purchased my first lady Dior, medium, Iron Grey, champagne gold hardware, lambskin.
I knew the lambskin would be delicate, but I didn't think it would be quite so delicate.
Therefore my question:

I wore it out twice.
And have been very careful.
Suddenly I noticed a scratch on the oval shaped hardware next to the CD. It's only noticeable if you look closely obviously, but it bothers me. Especially since I don't know where the scratch came from.
I'll insert a picture. Today I was inspecting it and noticed the same type of scratch on the other oval( other side).

About the leather:

I have pointed, medium long nails, so I knew that there would be some scratches on the flap. But I once touched one leather quilt with the point of my nail for a second (touched, not swiped) by accident and there's a tiny mark

(Pictures of mysterious scratch on hardware and little mark from nail attached)

My question: is this normal?
Or should I be worried?
Thanks in advance!

20210209_221307.jpg

20210209_222750.jpg

Reactions: averagejoe
I've used my black one daily for at least 1-2 months and it hasn't shown and signs of wear. Maybe you could take yours back to the store and see if they can exchange your bag? I don't think that is normal especially since you said you wore it out twice only, unless it came in contact with something without your knowing. =S

Reactions: Chanotchka
Thanks for your reply! The scratch on the hardware looks like a deep scratch as if somebody took a knife and carved it in. Very, very strange. These scratches don't just happen. I will probably contact the store.