Lady Dior Grained Calfskin UK

PrincessSaf

Jul 15, 2014
Hello everyone... I'm a regular on the LV forum and its my first time venturing to another brand!

Soo I'm interested in purchasing the Lady Dior in black with GHW.. I was pleasantly surprised to find these are available to purchase on the website! I initially thought this bag was only available in patent/lambskin so was considering the lambskin as I already have an Alma in black Vernis. But after reading this forum i have discovered it is also available in grained calfskin, similar to Chanel Caviar I believe?! This would be perfect as I want this bag to remain a classic in my collection for many many years and I don't want to be afraid of scratches and the quilting losing its puffiness!

My question to you is... is there anyway I can purchase this bag in the calfskin without visiting a boutique?? The only ones available online are the lambskin. I am very very far from a Dior store! Can I place an order for one over the phone with a debit card? Any help would be much appreciated!

Also if any of you ladies would care to show pics of what fits in this bag.. that would be amazing :smile:

Thank you in advance!

There is a move by luxury brands to make more of an online retail presence. Before, Dior sold some bags online, but their most popular ones like the Lady Dior were only available at boutiques to keep them exclusive. Many luxury brands were afraid of becoming too widely available if they increase their online retail presence.

I guess Dior is following closely in the footsteps of Chanel, which launched a capsule high jewelry collection with Net-a-Porter. It was evidence that a brand doesn't necessarily tarnish if it makes some coveted pieces available online.

You can contact Dior customer service to order bags that are not available on the website, but if I am correct, the grained calfskin Lady Dior should be sold out and not available at the moment.

Thank you for insightful information averagejoe! Is the grained calfskin simply not available at the moment or discontinued completely?

Sorry I don't know for sure. The grained calfskin was released with the Diorama bag for Spring/Summer 2015. The Diorama continues to be available in the grained calfskin, but the Lady Dior appears not to be. I don't know why they would discontinue such a popular Lady Dior (most of the grained calfskin versions sold out right away).

Maybe someone who has spoken to an SA about this bag would know more about it.

Dior boutiques in the UK work exactly the same as Chanel, they do offer mail order, but payment is taken via bank transfer prior to shipping. Harrods and Selfridges offer mail order on Dior and take credit card payments, but you have to call through to the actual department to check stock and arrange the transaction.
Hope that helps?

Sorry I don't know for sure. The grained calfskin was released with the Diorama bag for Spring/Summer 2015. The Diorama continues to be available in the grained calfskin, but the Lady Dior appears not to be. I don't know why they would discontinue such a popular Lady Dior (most of the grained calfskin versions sold out right away).

Maybe someone who has spoken to an SA about this bag would know more about it.

I can imagine why they sold out so quickly! I will hang on and hope to find a grained one but if it comes down to it I can live with the lambskin (first world problems!) Thank you so much for your help!

Dior boutiques in the UK work exactly the same as Chanel, they do offer mail order, but payment is taken via bank transfer prior to shipping. Harrods and Selfridges offer mail order on Dior and take credit card payments, but you have to call through to the actual department to check stock and arrange the transaction.
Hope that helps?

Aaaah I didn't know Chanel did that either that's wonderful to know! Thank you so much! So Harrods and Selfridges can do it too but am i right to assume they would parcel up a bag that could have been display stock and handled by customers, so potentially may have scratches etc?

Welcome to DIOR! It is best you if you try to make a trip to DIOR to choose the bag( especially a LD)if you can. I personally never trust the SAs because it's not them who are paying for the bags. That's my opinion especially on something so expensive.

Hello everyone... I'm a regular on the LV forum and its my first time venturing to another brand!

Soo I'm interested in purchasing the Lady Dior in black with GHW.. I was pleasantly surprised to find these are available to purchase on the website! I initially thought this bag was only available in patent/lambskin so was considering the lambskin as I already have an Alma in black Vernis. But after reading this forum i have discovered it is also available in grained calfskin, similar to Chanel Caviar I believe?! This would be perfect as I want this bag to remain a classic in my collection for many many years and I don't want to be afraid of scratches and the quilting losing its puffiness!

My question to you is... is there anyway I can purchase this bag in the calfskin without visiting a boutique?? The only ones available online are the lambskin. I am very very far from a Dior store! Can I place an order for one over the phone with a debit card? Any help would be much appreciated!

Also if any of you ladies would care to show pics of what fits in this bag.. that would be amazing :smile:

Thank you in advance!
We must have the same tastes in bags! I just ordered the medium Lady Dior in black lamb skin and Gold hardware from a Dior boutique in the U.S.! I did have to buy it sight unseen, as I don't live anywhere near a Dior boutique. It's my understanding Dior lamb skin is more durable than the lamb skin Chanel uses. This won't be a daily bag, but I do intend to carry it often.

We must have the same tastes in bags! I just ordered the medium Lady Dior in black lamb skin and Gold hardware from a Dior boutique in the U.S.! I did have to buy it sight unseen, as I don't live anywhere near a Dior boutique. It's my understanding Dior lamb skin is more durable than the lamb skin Chanel uses. This won't be a daily bag, but I do intend to carry it often.

Great minds ;) will you be doing a reveal? Please do would love to see it! I asked Minks4All a few questions about it too so hopefully she will answer them next Monday! I won't be purchasing any time soon as iv bought plenty but this is definitely next on the list! Would you mind doing a review on it in a few months time? You can PM me if you don't wish to do a public post :smile:

Congratulations! Enjoy it in good health xx

Great minds ;) will you be doing a reveal? Please do would love to see it! I asked Minks4All a few questions about it too so hopefully she will answer them next Monday! I won't be purchasing any time soon as iv bought plenty but this is definitely next on the list! Would you mind doing a review on it in a few months time? You can PM me if you don't wish to do a public post :smile:

Congratulations! Enjoy it in good health xx
I certainly will post once I receive the bag. It may not be until after the first of the year; however. I have admired the Lady Dior for a very long time and I think black lambskin with gold hardware is a must for my first Dior.

I certainly will post once I receive the bag. It may not be until after the first of the year; however. I have admired the Lady Dior for a very long time and I think black lambskin with gold hardware is a must for my first Dior.

Is such a beautiful classic piece, as you know I love gold hardware too... its so timeless in black and gold!

I was searching for the black grained calfskin medium LD in the UK a few weeks ago and it was sold out everywhere. I believe one of the boutiques had a large available in black but no medium. Fingers crossed it comes back!