Lady Dior clubhouse

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and I need help urgently. I can’t post it as of yet but I can definitely reply to threads. I want to buy my very first Dior tomorrow but I am so indecisive. Please help me choose my first ABC or Lady Dior.
I am 5’2 and 120lbs, almost 40yo. Which ABC or Lady Dior should I get?

Size: Medium Small
Color: Black or Rose Des Vents (or any other recommended colors) - Champagne Hardware for sure
Material: Lambskin, Calfskin or Patent Calfskin

I am attaching 2 pictures only. I can’t find black patent calfskin or rose des vents lambskin. But you guys are experts in these bags so I am sure you guys know the colors and the materials. :smile:.

1. Black / Lambskin
2. Rose Des Vents / Patent Calfskin

Please help me choose and recommend me the size, color, and material. It doesn’t have to be black or rose des vents.

Thanks so much! :heart:

my opinions:
- Small is a most practical size.
- i have read in posts here that in certain weather conditions like humidity patent leather can get hard to maintain
- Black color is most versatile color. You don’t have to think a lot deciding on your wardrobe. I have seen the blue gradient in person and it’s gorgeous, if that goes well with you. If you are looking for nude, blush and warm taupe are beautiful colors. I have not seen rose de vents in person.
- so far i am aware the non patent lady diors are lambskin only. Patent ones are calfskin.

@averagejoe Question for you: Have the mini LDs become a little smaller over time? I've been looking at a couple from before 2010 and I noticed there is more of the cannage showing on the sides. Has the bag shrunk or did they make the cannage stitching larger?

mini ld comparison.png

@averagejoe Question for you: Have the mini LDs become a little smaller over time? I've been looking at a couple from before 2010 and I noticed there is more of the cannage showing on the sides. Has the bag shrunk or did they make the cannage stitching larger?

View attachment 5439123
There have been slight variations to the width between the last "full Cannage" quilt and the edge of the bag, even on the medium model. The variations do not actually dramatically decrease the width of the bag. I think the modifications make the Cannage pattern look less like it was just truncated at the edge.

Even older versions had an inside-out construction where the edges are stitched together, and the bag is turned inside-out so the stitched seam ends up inside the bag. This softened the appearance of the edges of the bag, and didn't help maintain the structure of the bag as much as the new external seams do.

There have been slight variations to the width between the last "full Cannage" quilt and the edge of the bag, even on the medium model. The variations do not actually dramatically decrease the width of the bag. I think the modifications make the Cannage pattern look less like it was just truncated at the edge.

Even older versions had an inside-out construction where the edges are stitched together, and the bag is turned inside-out so the stitched seam ends up inside the bag. This softened the appearance of the edges of the bag, and didn't help maintain the structure of the bag as much as the new external seams do.
I'm aware that the newer mediums have the additional external seam around the edges, which is really helpful when I'm shopping pre-loved as I can tell at a glance if a bag was likely produced in the last 10 years. But I don't see much of a difference in where the quilting ends between the newer and older models, only the presence/absence of the extra seam. Certainly not enough to make me wonder if the dimensions have changed.
I actually never really noticed the variations in the minis until recently. The shape of the older mini in my picture is not only missing the extra seam but looks like it was purposely constructed to have a gentle curve in the silhouette rather than straight and boxy like the new model.

Hi everyone! I’m a longtime lurker on this forum and finally decided to make an account because I’m going to bite the bullet on my first Dior bag, the ABCDior in Black Cannage Lambskin.

However, I’m currently debating on whether I should go for the version with champagne gold charms or the version with black enamel charms… What are your thoughts? I LOVE the enamel charms on any other colour (like Fard & Cloud Blue) but I worry that it makes the bag less timeless in black. I know the enamel one is a newer version, but I haven’t seen many photos of it in real life.

9B16D2FB-09CD-47B2-978A-DD35EF0CCDA7.jpeg07C6060A-7623-481D-9ECA-02981C2127FC.jpeg

I like the bottom one with the enamel - it’s modern but classy imo. In saying that I’m not sure if the enamel chips with constant use - someone here will know how it wears. Either way, you can’t go wrong with a beautiful lady Dior.

I ended up going with this beautiful Cloud Blue for my first LD. Just couldn't take my eyes off her!

IMG_8005.pngIMG_8006.png

After years of dreaming of owning a Lady Dior (the SA even had my old address on file from when I bought a Cannage canvas tote from pre-2013), I finally took the plunge for a MyABC Dior. I love it so much! The grey is such a chameleon under different lighting and such a great neutral. Since Covid happened I have been thinking about my consumption habits, and have been editing my wardrobe for timeless and versatile pieces. I have a Black Chanel Boy, a beige/taupe LV Pochette Métis and I have been thinking for the past year that I am missing a grey bag! Now I feel like my bag collection is complete, even without a Hermes and Chanel CF.

It’s sooo expensive for a bag , but this is my once a year big purchase, treating myself for getting a raise at work and for delivering a key signature work project. I don’t know anywhere else to share my joy where people will understand and won’t think it’s wasteful, so thanks for allowing me to share! I would love to see your grey Dior - feel free to share

Attachments

• B86C2035-7ED6-41FF-BB47-DA5425945765.jpeg
    B86C2035-7ED6-41FF-BB47-DA5425945765.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 231
  • 6A333F53-795F-424D-8791-FD5A98D35FA9.jpeg
    6A333F53-795F-424D-8791-FD5A98D35FA9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 230
  • F8AD2C2E-69FE-4C68-B48F-41B03C4CFF16.jpeg
    F8AD2C2E-69FE-4C68-B48F-41B03C4CFF16.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 232
Love the classic black lambskin with gold hardware LD but also wanted something more unique. Saw this one and didn't hesitate. She is my first Lady Dior...medium, black lambskin with ruthenium studs and hardware.
What do you think?

View attachment 5585118

Very unique! I love the studs.

After years of dreaming of owning a Lady Dior (the SA even had my old address on file from when I bought a Cannage canvas tote from pre-2013), I finally took the plunge for a MyABC Dior. I love it so much! The grey is such a chameleon under different lighting and such a great neutral. Since Covid happened I have been thinking about my consumption habits, and have been editing my wardrobe for timeless and versatile pieces. I have a Black Chanel Boy, a beige/taupe LV Pochette Métis and I have been thinking for the past year that I am missing a grey bag! Now I feel like my bag collection is complete, even without a Hermes and Chanel CF.

It’s sooo expensive for a bag , but this is my once a year big purchase, treating myself for getting a raise at work and for delivering a key signature work project. I don’t know anywhere else to share my joy where people will understand and won’t think it’s wasteful, so thanks for allowing me to share! I would love to see your grey Dior - feel free to share

Congrats on your promotion! Sounds like you got the right bag to complete your collection.

Reactions: loveluxe1

Congrats on bag (and promotion). She’s a beauty.

• Love
Reactions: loveluxe1

Gorgeous! Congratulations on your achievements, and raise, and enjoy that well deserved new beauty!