Lady Dior clubhouse

Thank you so much!!!! SA told me that I can get a black one anytime, but this gradient grey is more seasonal and I have so many black bags already, just sth different :smile:

Your SA is so right - it’s absolutely gorgeous. Had they made it in the medium size, I would have purchased it over the black.

Hey ladies,

i just purchased my first lady dior in monaco about less than a month back. I realised a few days after unboxing that the gold foil stamping/embossing on the circular leather where the charms sit look pretty bad. The letters look fuzzy, smudged, not crisp and the first letter “a” last letter “r” lookquite bad.

I’m back in Asia now so going back to the store isnt possible. ladies with more experience with the brand - anyone know what my options are? I don’t wish to contact my SA who sold me the bag as I didnt have a very good experience with him. Not sure if I should just accept this it’s kinda bothering me because this is my first bag from the brand and also the most expensive one i own.

Any advice appreciated, tia!

Attachments

• E1814F28-FFAB-4BB4-9D92-0DCAF703DDA8.jpeg
    E1814F28-FFAB-4BB4-9D92-0DCAF703DDA8.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 97
  • D70E3316-8414-42C3-9D17-B862E5F1D326.jpeg
    D70E3316-8414-42C3-9D17-B862E5F1D326.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 81C99D0D-4321-4508-A5AC-9D81956F0AEC.jpeg
    81C99D0D-4321-4508-A5AC-9D81956F0AEC.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 95
  • DDA6CFC2-CA41-4AB4-B8F5-5E7726E08ECA.jpeg
    DDA6CFC2-CA41-4AB4-B8F5-5E7726E08ECA.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 703A988B-51DC-4A42-B714-2D31FA071D04.jpeg
    703A988B-51DC-4A42-B714-2D31FA071D04.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 82
Hey ladies,

i just purchased my first lady dior in monaco about less than a month back. I realised a few days after unboxing that the gold foil stamping/embossing on the circular leather where the charms sit look pretty bad. The letters look fuzzy, smudged, not crisp and the first letter “a” last letter “r” lookquite bad.

I’m back in Asia now so going back to the store isnt possible. ladies with more experience with the brand - anyone know what my options are? I don’t wish to contact my SA who sold me the bag as I didnt have a very good experience with him. Not sure if I should just accept this it’s kinda bothering me because this is my first bag from the brand and also the most expensive one i own.

I bought a medium lady dior in turkey last week. I just checked the back of the charm and mine looks very similar to yours- that’s very disappointing!
I hadn’t even thought to check that when I was purchasing

Hey ladies,

That’s too bad! Totally understand why you wouldn’t want to go back to the same SA. However doesn’t Dior have a quality guarantee, so if you were to go to a boutique in Asia with your Monaco receipt, they should still be able to help you? I was able to do that with a Chanel bag with a popped stitch.

That’s too bad! Totally understand why you wouldn’t want to go back to the same SA. However doesn’t Dior have a quality guarantee, so if you were to go to a boutique in Asia with your Monaco receipt, they should still be able to help you? I was able to do that with a Chanel bag with a popped stitch.
You can bring it to Dior to see if they can replace the leather circle for you.

• Love
Reactions: 880
So my wife just picked up her brand new Wicker Lady Dior at the boutique. Everything looks great except for one strand of wicker is poking out a little bit. It doesn't seem like it's going to break, but do you think it's something we should get hung up on? Not sure there's anything we can do about it given there's no more stock in the boutiques in our country (USA). I guess I could return and order one online, but maybe I'm just overthinking it and it's a handwoven product and there's bound to be these types of small imperfections?

Attachments

• tempImagek69Iqk.png
    tempImagek69Iqk.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • tempImageGK7bbE.png
    tempImageGK7bbE.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • tempImagezzL4zu.png
    tempImagezzL4zu.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
So my wife just picked up her brand new Wicker Lady Dior at the boutique. Everything looks great except for one strand of wicker is poking out a little bit. It doesn't seem like it's going to break, but do you think it's something we should get hung up on? Not sure there's anything we can do about it given there's no more stock in the boutiques in our country (USA). I guess I could return and order one online, but maybe I'm just overthinking it and it's a handwoven product and there's bound to be these types of small imperfections?

From the angle of the photo, it looks like it's enclosed within the wicker weaving towards the base of the bag. Personally, it's a handmade product and isn't sticking out too much, I've seen other wicker products where the wicker sticks out quite a bit. In those instances where it can pull on clothing, I would recommend returning it, but IMO this isn't as bad as that (which was what I was expecting), it looks well enclosed within the weaving so I would leave it, but it's really a personal decision whether it bothers your wife or not.

You'd also have to weigh up whether it's worth ordering it online and possibly to find that the other bag has something similar.

I'm thinking of buying a Lady Dior mini soon, but I'm super short (5'0) and noticed the chain strap is extremely long on me. If I can, I'd prefer the chain to be shortened, but I've only heard of Dior stores possibly in Asia offering to shorten it for you. In the case that I take it to a cobbler/jeweler to modify, will it void my right to take the bag into a Dior boutique for any sort of service in the future?

From the angle of the photo, it looks like it's enclosed within the wicker weaving towards the base of the bag. Personally, it's a handmade product and isn't sticking out too much, I've seen other wicker products where the wicker sticks out quite a bit. In those instances where it can pull on clothing, I would recommend returning it, but IMO this isn't as bad as that (which was what I was expecting), it looks well enclosed within the weaving so I would leave it, but it's really a personal decision whether it bothers your wife or not.

You'd also have to weigh up whether it's worth ordering it online and possibly to find that the other bag has something similar.

Thanks so much for your input michi_chi!

Does anyone else have any input on this? Am I overthinking it? I can't get it out of my mind, but my SA says it's normal with wicker handwoven bags to have these imperfections. I'm just scared it's going to snap at some point. And it sticks out on the front of the bag. Is wicker strong?

I'm thinking of buying a Lady Dior mini soon, but I'm super short (5'0) and noticed the chain strap is extremely long on me. If I can, I'd prefer the chain to be shortened, but I've only heard of Dior stores possibly in Asia offering to shorten it for you. In the case that I take it to a cobbler/jeweler to modify, will it void my right to take the bag into a Dior boutique for any sort of service in the future?

I think it could void it if you take it to anyone not authorised by Dior. Because it's not them or one of their authorised/recommended partners, they would probably worry about having to take responsibility for another servicer/repairer's work. It's worth asking your nearest shop if it's a possibility that they can do it for you. When I spoke about caring/repairing jewellery or cleaning for my SLGs, my SA was able to reassure me they would be able to help

Reactions: teapartyforone
Thanks so much for your input michi_chi!

Does anyone else have any input on this? Am I overthinking it? I can't get it out of my mind, but my SA says it's normal with wicker handwoven bags to have these imperfections. I'm just scared it's going to snap at some point. And it sticks out on the front of the bag. Is wicker strong?
It doesn't stick out enough to snap. If you look at most wicker things, there are variations in the wicker weaving. As @michi_chi said, if you ordered one from online, you may get a bag with the same variation but somewhere else on the bag.

Wicker isn't that delicate, as some people sit on wicker chairs and I don't see those snapping and damaging that easily, unless they are subjected to heavy wear and tear.