Lady Dior Classic (medium) as an evening bag?

sparksndheels

Jul 4, 2014
Hi loves, I’m thinking about a black Lady Dior as my next purchase. In my head I was always getting a small because I kind of want it as an evening/occasion bag but as I’m a tall girl at 5’10 I don’t know if the medium would suit me better? I just wondered what everyone thought of the medium for going out to dinners or drinks, is it too big and more of a daytime dress bag?

Linking a few modeling shots of me and my medium LD. For reference, I'm 5'8.

My medium LD seems a bit large and heavy for an evening bag, but I’m petite and 5’4 (and 1/2!). I’m sure I’d feel differently if I was taller (so jealous that my sister is 5’11 and took all the tall genes-lol). I’m now looking at the ABCdior in black as a smaller, fun evening bag. If you’re just purchasing one I think it’s more versatile to have the medium. The small wouldn’t hold enough as a day bag, at least for me. Happy shopping!

Reactions: carrie bagshaw
Lady dior is so easy to pair with clothes whether it's casual or dressy. I've found that since they changed the opening to the flap, medium is much easier to access than ABC or mini/small (?) size. I have the black with gold hardware and I use it on a daily basis.

I agree, I think the Lady is such an elegant and timeless design it's perfect for day and night. I have a Lady D-Lite in reverse toile de jouy and it was the bag I used for visiting London. Although I haven't been out in the evenings much due to covid, I can see myself using it in the evenings too

Would a large Lady Dior be too overwhelming as an evening bag?
It would be too large for me, but I’m 5’4 and petite. I use my medium as a day bag, but not often because I find it heavy. I went on to purchase an ABC/small for an evening bag and love the size and weight. I think it depends on your stature as well as the occasion. If it’s a strictly formal event I opt for a small clutch. If it’s semi formal I take my Chanel mini flap. If it’s a fun date night I take my ABC Lady Dior. Some people can make any size bag work in all circumstances, just not me. We just got home from attending a play and I saw bags ranging from Chanel to Michael Kors to clear plastic stadium bags. In the end, if you’re comfortable then that’s all that matters.