Lady Dior - bright gold or champagne gold hardware?

jinji

O.G.
Jan 21, 2009
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to decide on which gold hardware to choose for a Lady Dior medium black lambskin purse. They are both preloved — one is an older release with the bright gold hardware, and the other is newer with the champagne gold. Would love your thoughts! Thanks. ❤️

9022DC84-123F-4D3F-A56C-9655D13A093D.jpeg

On a black bag, I prefer the champagne gold. It looks a little more young and fresh.

Strong yellow gold gives me more of a traditional vibe. It may appear a bit "old-fashioned" or antiquated looking.

But that really depends on your personal preference and the colors of hardware that you prefer on your bags.

Good luck and happy shopping! :tup:

I'm going to go against the grain here and put in a vote for the yellow gold. The reason is that yellow gold has more staying power and is less trendy than the champagne gold, which is likely to appear dated in a few years.

I guess it really depends on which is a higher priority for you: having a very current look or having style longevity. If you want something that looks more "now" and don't mind if it looks dated in a few years, because being very current is more important, than go with the champagne gold. Just keep in mind that if it does go out of style or looks dated, then it might not sell as well or get as high a price (if you sold it). If on the other hand, you prioritize a piece that will look good for many years (even if it isn't the "it" color), then the yellow gold probably has more staying power.

Of course, no one can see the future either, and for all I know champagne gold could be the new "classic" for decades to come. Experience however, shows me that simple silver tone (in the form of silver, white gold, or platinum) or gold, are the classics and the others come and go.

Thank you all, for your inputs. Is it just me, or are gold hardware in the newer Lady Diors really lighter than the older ones?

I also took stock of my black purses Vs gold hardware and all of them seem to be bright gold (except for my Chanel flap which is the youngest among the three, purchased in 2011). :smile:

111F0A02-F3EF-4C7B-A35F-86807BBE9DFF.jpeg

010741B2-9739-4A08-A596-899D18EE8E75.jpeg

53DADBD2-577F-446C-9C00-E62B258C8B34.jpeg

5DD605C2-7808-486F-BE6F-667959F7EC9A.jpeg

Does the purse you want fill a hole in your handbag wardrobe that the ones you already have don't fill? I'm just wondering if the Dior might be really similar to what you already have and maybe the money could be better spent on something that is more different?

If you have your heart set on one of the Dior bags, then I amend my original recommendation to get the regular gold, to instead get the champagne gold. Considering that you already have 2 black bags with diagonal quilt-look stitching, with yellow gold hardware, I would suggest the champagne gold as that is at least one difference from the others and would offer a bit of difference from the other two. (Although my first recommendation is to either save or spend the money elsewhere on something completely different.) :smile: :biggrin:

Reactions: jinji
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you want one of these bags when it seems like you have 2 already that look very similar? Question two is: are there any other bags on your wishlist that might offer something a little more different than what these offer to your current handbags? Maybe a different color or style altogether?

Just curious. Not making any judgements, of course, just wondering. :smile: