Lady Dior As Seen By exhibition

An exhibition called 'Lady Dior As Seen By' will be held in China Central Place, Beijing between 15 December 2011 and 16 January 2012. It features over 50 contemporary artists presenting their visions of the classic Lady Dior bag:

http://www.dior.com/couture/minisite/asseenby/

Thank you very much for sharing this! The different artistic interpretations of the Lady Dior are stunning!

I 'Liked' Dior on Facebook and they had a few preview photos on their Facebook page, so I went to the site and I really like some of the different perspectives the artists have come up with! It's a shame I can't go to see the exhibition in person before it ends! I like seeing these things to take photos of them for keepsake

They held this exhibition in Shanghai a short while ago, and the exhibit was inside a giant Lady Dior bag. Too bad this exhibition did not travel to Canada.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dior Lady Dior exhibition shanghai 5.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior exhibition shanghai 5.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,721
  • Dior Lady Dior Exhibition Shanghai.jpeg
    Dior Lady Dior Exhibition Shanghai.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,289
  • Dior Lady Dior Exhibition Shanghai 4.jpeg
    Dior Lady Dior Exhibition Shanghai 4.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Dior Lady DIor exhibition shanghai 11.jpg
    Dior Lady DIor exhibition shanghai 11.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 2,299
  • Dior Lady Dior exhibition shanghai 13.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior exhibition shanghai 13.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,490
An update from Dior Mag (as posted on Dior's Facebook page), a sneak at the Lady Dior As Seen By exhibition in Tokyo following French fashion blogger Garance Doré on her trip around Tokyo with her white Lady Dior which she customised with locals of Tokyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oCNJkjsuaXU

Scary!! My heart literately jump with every knock on e beauty.. E only pretty thing about it is e pair of eyes by Yoon n e last stop drawing, e rest are vandalism :faint:

Scary!! My heart literately jump with every knock on e beauty.. E only pretty thing about it is e pair of eyes by Yoon n e last stop drawing, e rest are vandalism :faint:

I agree!!! Although it's like a collection of small works of local art, I cringed at the sight of each marker doodle on the bag, and the things that were hammered into or stuck onto it.

The knot on the handles could have been a nice touch if it were the only thing on the bag alongside the other dangling charms that were attached, but the doodling was too much.

I kind of like it, the idea, I mean. It's sort of personalised and one of it's kind. But of course I'd like to see the actual draft before i let someone actually put anything on it!

I agree, I admired the lovely white colour of the leather, because it hadn't developed the patina yet so we could see it was kept really well. Then I saw her using coloured pens on it and my eyes were wide as goldfishes'...and I almost fainted when I saw the amount of force the 'local designers' put on the actual bag itself and kept hammering away :faint: