Tech Lady Devs Needed: Quick Question

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
I am formatting a HTML email template for a client, and I need a little help before delivering it tonight. It's almost done and of course, the two issues I am having are not answered on Google.

1. One of my images will not center for love or money. I've centered it in the CSS using:

img.displayed{
display:block;
position:center;
margin-left:auto !important;
margin-right:auto !important;
}

As well as centering it in the HTML. I'm completely stumped why the ONE image is being stubborn. :panic:

2. Gmail keeps turning my font black. My <h1> font is in a different color. Apple Mail shows my email formatted correctly (except for the one wonky left-aligned image, sigh), so the problem is definitely Gmail. I Googled and all I could find was that Google changes black links to blue unless you manually change them to another color, but I saw nothing about blue font being changed to black. :pout:

Any help?

It's a little hard to help without seeing the complete code and pictures you are using but have you tried using text-align:center; in your style class instead of position:center; and putting the image in a paragraph container element? And are you using a 3 digit or 6 digit color code for your font color?