Lady bag in black or camello?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Hello!

I'm trying to get a lady bag and both colors look lovely. Black looks more practical while camello just looks lovely for spring!

I have a bucket in black flamma and a mini bucket in camello rosa so I am familiar with the colors. I'm thinking black ballerina lady bag (can't find one right now so will probably get one in May) then all the insta photos I see of camello make me swoon. I know camello can show scratches more...

I just can't make up my mind. I don't think I'll end up with two bags like I did last time.

Calf leather bags look lovely also but I keep leaning towards veg tanned leather for some reason. I think I would have entertained the idea if calf leather lady bag came in black.

For those who got lady what color did you pick and why? It's such a lovely and simple design.

2. I have the bucket in black saffiano and I didn't want another black bag. It was between brandy and cammello. I haven't owned a cammello yet and love the patina, but brandy was my love at first sight so I am going with that in mini lady for now. I looked at a lot of photos of the ladies in calf and it looked less structured than the veg tanned and pulled at the flap.

3. I have lady bags in moss, cammello and brandy, and for me brandy wins out. I think it is my favorite Mansur color all around.

4. I have a lady in black and camello. I have to say the black has been used exclusively since I got it. Black is regular and camello is the mini lady. The camello hasn't been used it seems every time I am set to use it, the sky opens and the rain comes. I love them both but if I was to keep one it would be the black. I can use it in any weather and it goes with anything.

5. Thanks ladies! I never saw brandy irl- but it sounds like it's a beautiful color to see! Now it's black camello or brandy - haha ah paradox of choice!

6. I haven't seen brandy in real life, but I kind of want it in brandy. I don't know. I am in the same boat as you. I didn't really help much. Sorry.

7. i had the brandy lady and sold her, after i received my black. i have been using my black lady non-stop since receiving her in november 2015. no regrets in selling my brandy. if money grew on trees, i would get the brandy lady in addition. :smile: bottom line is, brandy and black colorways for the lady are gorgeous; you just need to figure out which color suits your needs better. i opted for the black because i was looking for something to use everyday for work, regardless of the season and weather. the black lady held up well in the rainy winter and spring season in my neck of the woods.

8. i also think you should consider brandy. i have the large brandy/avion tote and LOVE it!! it's such a warm color and literally matches everything (as does black). i don't think you can go wrong either way. i too am thinking of getting a mini lady in cammello (since i already have brandy and a large black/ballerina bucket in my collection). okay so i'm no help at all! i think i've just added more confusion. lol

9. I'm in the same boat :wave: I really want a lady bag but can't decide between black and brandy.
    I have a bucket in camello and a tote in brandy. So first it was a no brainer to get the lady in black.
    But I have a lot of black bags and brandy is just so beautiful :loveeyes:

10. Well. I preordered a black ballerina. I think I might look into getting a second bag after that after all.. Haha. Then I can decide brandy or camello! Thanks ladies. I think the right answer is to get all of them..... Eventually...

11. Nice choice!!! I love the ballerina lining - it's so feminine and a beautiful neutral.

12. Do you have any updates?
    I too have the same question. Have a saffiano black bucket and want to get a regular lady. Still cannot decide the color.
    I know black is just more practical but at the same time, changing to another color should be nice too...:biggrin:

13. Looking for updates on this post! Congrats on the purchase. I'm torn myself between the Cammelo and the Black (Saffiano from Barneys). I need my bags to be neutral workhorses. How is the black working out for you?