Ladies with short[er] hair

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have almost shoulder length hair now, and sometimes I wish I could do more in the way of hairstyles. I'll either use a clip to hold back my bangs or do twists. My hair's naturally straight as well, and sometimes I want to do some loose curls but it usually ends badly and I look like a 12 year old.

So, what do you all with shorter hair do?

2. I have about the same length hair as you, I'm interested in hearing some tips! :smile:

I have been thinking about getting some rollers...maybe the cheap sponge ones? That way I won't be too disapointed for spending much money if it looks stupid! :P

3. Mine is just past shoulder length now, but it's been above shoulder length for about a year now... I do boring a ponytail, twist or messy bun at least a couple days a week. I wear a lot of headbands (which I wear either with my hair in a side part or pushed straight back). I also have a lot of cute little clips and hair pins-- I'll do a deep side part and clip my bangs off to the side. Or I also pull just my bangs back and clip them in a little pouf sometimes. And I alternate between flat-ironing, wearing my hair a little wavy, etc. just to mix things up!

4. Yeah, I also tend to wear headbands. I'm not a fan of paying a lot for them though, esp. since I tend to break them. :x Do you have any suggestions for cute headbands? The most I'll pay is probably $25/30. I have a few solid color plastic ones from Forever 21 that are great.

5. ^ I buy mine at F21, Urban Outfitters, Ulta, Target, Claire's. I even got a Vera Wang one at Kohls that's really cute... I think the most I've ever spent is like $12.99! I saw a cute one in a boutique the other day & when I checked the price tag it was $120-- I almost had a heart attack! lol

6. well my hair isn't short, but my closest friend has really short hair and she gets bored with often.

Anyhow, I just I'd pop in this thread and say that American Eagle has some really cute headbands and hair accessories on sale now for around 3 or 4 dollars each, down from around 6 or 7 dollars. last weekend, I just got the cutest ones. I got a purple one with a simple little bow at the top and a black one with the most detailed flower on it. They look like they should last a while, not inexpensive looking at all. And they aren't the hard kind of headband, they are the stretchy kind, which I perfer over hard headbands anyway.

Also, when I get bored with my hair (even though it's not really considered short) sometimes I go out and buy a bunch of Hair magazines. They're only filled with photos of hair but it gives you great ideas.

7. Thank you! I'll go to AE this weekend. :] Haven't been there in ages.

8. Headbands and using scarves as headbands can dress up the hair style.

H&M has them for $2-4 and they are actually quite comfortable. I use a lot of Pucci scarves as well - they have colorful designs that will brighten up my outfit.

9. #9 Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    Anthropologie always has the cutest, most unique headbands and they seem to be within your price range (though some can be a little more $) I absolutely love going there to check out the hair accessories (I soo want this headband at the moment). They also have great sales. Love JCrew's headbands too - they always have promos going on with their headbands and you can find tons on eBay.

I had my hair about your length during last fall and I did the whole the whole headband, barrettes, switching the styling of the bangs, ponytails, messy buns, etc. One thing I wish I had played with more when I was bored with my hair is braids. I think that you could totally add a couple braids in your hair (at random places) and then pull it back in a low ponytail. Or do a deep part your hair to the side and french braid one side (the side with more hair) and pin it back behind your ear (I can't find a picture of what I'm talking about right now but I feel like Nicole Ritchie and maybe that LC girl(?) always are pictured with a similar style). OR, you could invest in a GHD 1" styler and give yourself some waves/curl for a bigger change.

ETA - if you want a different look for headbands, you could always get some bump-its to put behind your headband to give your hair more volume. You can also use them without a headband too. They take some practice but I have grown attached to my bump-it set.