Ladies with Chanel Cerf Totes...

paruparo

Live.Laugh.Love.
O.G.
Nov 16, 2009
I just got my Cerf Tote today!!! :yahoo:after much thought, I decided to go for Black with GHW. Thank you to all the wonderful TPF'ers who made comments and helped me decide :biggrin:

I am curious though, my interlocking CC's do not have a "marking on them" like the one on my E/W flap. I asked the Chanel SA about it and she did not know...does this mean my gold hardware is not gold plated...?

Also, how useful is the shoulder strap? Do you actualy use it?

Attachments

• cerf1.jpg
    cerf1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,830
  • cerf2.jpg
    cerf2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 3,470
  • cerf3.jpg
    cerf3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,457
There are several threads about this topic, but Chanel hasn't put markings in the gold hardware in years which seems to suggest that their hardware is no longer gold-plated.

There are several threads about this topic, but Chanel hasn't put markings in the gold hardware in years which seems to suggest that their hardware is no longer gold-plated.

i figured there would be, but i must be using the wrong keywords because im not finding it :sad:

congrats OP! just wondering, can this bag be carried over shoulder easily?

i actually havent tried the strap... aside from the earlier pics in the car, the bag is still in its box :smile: im charging the digital cam so i can take better pics lol!

i was also trying to google pics of people wearing it with the strap but not having much luck..

I have never used the shoulder strap on mine and it is a few years old. I can carry mine over the shoulder without a coat.
Here is a pic of my Cerf .... the handles have stretched from use and it is pretty soft and floopy :love: (group pic with all of my Chanels though)